My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Christmas in August for Creative Inspirations

Hello there, how are you? I'm feeling good and ready for another day. Lucy and Penny are off to Mad Science again today so I'm looking forward to a bit of peace and time to do stuff! I'm running with my friend Sue again today so I'm looking forward to that.

Over at Creative Inspirations (cinspirations) the challenge this week is Christmas In August! We would like to see Christmas creations only!

This week's prize is from us and is the chance to be our GUEST DESIGNER FOR SEPTEMBER!


Here's what I did - I used stamps from LOTV to make this card.




First I made a background - I stamped snowflakes with versamark and used white and blue embossing powders on them. Then used DI and dylusion sprays to make up the remaining background. I used a script stamp to make up the next layer and finally had painty fun with some Distress paints and once dry I stamped the deer onto here. The ribbon is from Creative Expressions and the snowflakes are crafty emblies painted blue with Distress paints. I've added some beadazzles to the centre of these.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

LOTV August challenge:ideastoinspire Make it festive
LEJ:lejdesignschallengeblog Nature Inspired
Fashionistafashionistachallenge: Christmas in August
CHN extra challengecraftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.: AG
PIO:pileitonchallenge No designer paper
LLFliliofthevalleythursdaychallenge: Vintage/shabby Chic

Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you choose to leave - I love to read them all! Big Hugs and hope to see you again soon!

Rachel x


20 comments:

  1. Good Morning Rachel. What a beautiful card. The colours are amazing. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful card Rachel, love the colours and that stamp is very pretty! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cool blues work beautifully with the reindeer image Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how gorgeous and love the detail
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love the reindeer and love that beautiful script in the background, all finished off with the absolutely stunning bow - a wonderful card Rachel. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rachel, love the image and fab layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautifully designed card Rachel. I love the colours and wonderful detailing.
    I hope you have a good day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, just gorgeous and what a fab background you've made and love the wonderful image,, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful Christmas card Rachel, perfect background for a lovely image. Enjoy your run today.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Rachel, colours are lovely all blends together perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Love This Great Colour And Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely christmas card Rachel. Do love this colour combo for christmas cards.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Christmas card Rachel, I love the non traditional colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty, I love the layout & the colours.
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. really pretty Christmas card and gorgeous bow,love the snowflakes
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stamping and colours Rachel! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your card looks fantastic and the background works a treat! Perfect for Christmas, Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful reindeer and love the ribbon and the colours - thanks for sharing for CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx