My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Tims Tags for August

Hi there all - well its my big girls birthday today so I won't be around for commenting until later - bless her - how did she get to be 7 years old? Wow - that has flown!!!!

Today I want to show you my Tims Tag for August. I decided to go for a monochrome version of the maestros: Here's Tims:

augusttag

And here's my monochrome version:



Firstly I did the background of the tag using the same method as Tim but with aged mahogony and antique linen Distress stains. Lots of swooshing and water on the tag - my background looks better close up - the pictures don't do it justice. Then I stamped the car and route 66 in black staz on and added masks over the top before using aged mahogony distress marker to colour in and stamp the dial. The tread stamp was done next and then I lifted the masks to add the road trip stamp. I added my enjoy the journey bar at the bottom and finally used some twine and a pin and car at the top of the tag! Its very red - but I like it all!

I'd like to enter this into timholtz12-tags-of-2013-august!

Thanks for dropping by today and hope you have a fabby Tuesday!

Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. this is a cool tag, love the colour! hope you all have a lovely day and your daughter enjoys her special day! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Rachel, love the colour. Happy Birthday to Lucy, we will see you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your daughter has a lovely Birthday. Love your tag, great stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Lucy!! I hope she has the most wonderful birthday celebrations ever!

    The colour of your tag is AMAZING Rachel, I love it and I love that set of stamps too. Love this. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Rachel, fab design.
    have a wonderful day and Happy Birthday Lucy enjoy your special day, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Rachel, love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just back from my hols so popping in to say hello Rachel and look at your work which is great at always. Catch you again as soon as the dreaded washing is done.

    Eliot did the NDW100 at the weekend and finished 18th in 21.17, not sure how hot is was here but sounds like a lot dropped out.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous tag Rachel, I love the colours you've chosen to use. Hope your daughter has a wonderful day.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♫♪ Happy Birthday dear Lucy ♫
    I hope your gorgeous daughter has a wonderful day full of fun and happiness.

    Your tag is fabulous Rachel such gorgeous colours.

    Enjoy the rest of the day

    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab tag Rachel and hope the Birthday Girl has a fabby do day !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your version in reds. Don't you hate it when the camera can't capture the true image? Happy Birthday to your birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Great tag, Rachel. Hope you are not to exhausted after all the fun. I know what you mean about where does time go. Anna was eleven last week and it doesn't seem that long ago when I came for my interview for the Nannys job and she was a tiny 12 week old.
    That's why we have to enjoy every minute with them as they grow up so quick.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic red tag, great compliment to Tim's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks fabulous Rachel. I love the colours. Well Done. Happy Birthday to your daughter too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag Rachel. Happy Birthday to your daughter, I hope she has had a fabulous day.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really great tag Rachel. Happy Birthday to your daughter too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to Lucy, I hope she has a fabulous day.
    Great tag Rachel, I love the gorgeous colour.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic tag Rachel, love the little charms too. Hope your daughter has a fab birthday :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tag looks fab hun! Hope Lucy's had a lovely day :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic tag, I love the colour you've gone for! Sending Happy Birthday wishes for Lucy too! Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great take on Tim's tag Rachel............gorgeous colour and Best wishes to your daughter on her 7th Birthday.

    TFS and crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome, love the colour and the vintage images are fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx