My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 23 January 2014

add glitter at Lavinia

Goodly morning to you! I hope you are well and happy! Its Penny's opening night tonight - I'll take my camera along and hopefully have a piccie to show you tomorrow. Its also my dads appointment today so I'm hoping that goes well too.

Todays card I made to enter this months challenge over at Lavinia stamps where the theme is 'add glitter'. Here's what I made:




I made the topper first - I stamped the lavinia fairy stamp in versa mark and added black wow powders to the image then heat set. I repeated this process with the lavinia star group but used clear embossing powder before heat setting. Then I added the clarity moon mask and set about building up the background using the ombre technique from last months craft stamper magazine - I used seedless preserves, dusty concorde and milled lavendar distress inks. Then after removing the mask I added lavinia foliage on the left and two small lavinia fairies near the moon stamping this time in black. Finally I used the Clarity landscape mask and added the hills in at the bottom is black soot.

I added this to some black card then threaded the ribbon up using the Sue wilson technique that I linked to yesterday. I hope you like this magical card!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Lavinia:laviniastamps add glitter
craftstamper-take-it-make-it-challenge-six
CFAScraftingforallseasons: For the girls
Divasdivasbydesignchallenge: AG
Sunday stamperpinkleart - purple/violet
Wow powderswowembossingpowder - use fabric (I hope ribbon counts?)
Crafty catzcraftycatzweeklychallenge - use a fairy

Hope you have a great Thursday! Thanks for dropping by and \i hope to see you again soon! Hugs rachel xx

31 comments:

  1. This is stunning Rachel, Such a beautiful design. I love the colours and gorgeous ribbon.
    I hope all goes well with your dad today and good luck to Penny too.
    take care
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in the monochromatic purple tones Rachel and love the little starts, looks like one I need.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a gorgeous colour and love the image. Hugs, Claire x PS. There is candy on my blog if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really stunning Rachel. I do love these Lavinia stamps I really should dig mine out! Hope all goes well with your Dad at least you will hopefully get some answers. Break a leg Penny!!!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rachel adore it, and love the ribbon. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Rachel, I love the colours you've used and the wonderful ribbons and tassel. Good luck to Penny for this evening.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the images and fab layout ...gorgeous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your embossing and the colors look so good
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the colors and that ribbon treatment looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fairy looks very wistful on that branch, love the beautiful tones in the background. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and love the beautiful background and the lovely fairies and ribbon.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card Rachel, I love your embossed image and gorgeous purples.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel, gorgeous card, beautiful colours and image.
    Hoping Penny's play went well, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there...lovely sweet card, great detail, thanks for sharing wth us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is magical.
    It is as though she is glowing in the moonlight.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, love the purple and great ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the colours (my favourite shades) and the little scene you have made. Can't go wrong with Lavinia Stamps as far as I'm concerned, I just love them all lol !! I have a few but wish I had more lol !! Hope Penny's opening night went well and that your Dad had good results today. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Rachel. My favourite colour too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous moonlight scene Rachel, perfect, thanks so much for joining the Lavinia challenge and good luck, Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really magical! Thank you for playing along in Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's beautiful Rachel! Some Lavinia stamps are my next must have, love what you have created here, wonderful stamping and the ombre is stunning, must try that some time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO SO SO effective, awesome card and well done. Thanks for playing along at WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card, fab ribbon too, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. love it... the silhouette looks great with purple around it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the way you've done the ribbon, and the colour is beautiful. Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a sweet Card looks amazing. Love the Ribbon.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have made such a pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely purple sky, great card! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the purple Rachel! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper ombré challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx