My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 12 January 2014

Any scene goes at Craft a scene - week 2

Good morning lovelies! How are you today? I hope you had the wonderful weather we had yesterday - blue sky and sunshine - very cold but dry! It was so nice to get out and about and see the world. We landed up at Blackpool Zoo - we always have a season ticket so this was the first visit of the year! It was lovely to be back.

Thanks for all your kind comments about yesterdays card. I do hope my uncle Bernard likes it as much as you did! I will be drawing my candy winner later today so there's still a final chance to join in if you want to. I'll let you know who won in tomorrows post.

So its the second Sunday in January already so I've got my second post from Craft a scene to share with you.




I've combined 4 stamps from Sheena Douglass and masked them to fit them together starting with the puffin stamp and then adding the flowers to the left and beach to the right. The sky was brayered in and then the birds added. The images were then coloured with speccies.

I hope you can join us at craftascene this month - its so much fun creating scenes from stamps - why not give it a try!

Big Hugs from me - hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Rachel x

p.s there's a new release coming soon for Crafty Sentiments - the images are just adorable - look out for them on the inspirational blog soon!



23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rachel. I'm a big fan of Sheena Douglas too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel this is fab, if it wasn't for the puffin it looks like the beach up by the sand dunes! You should have called in for coffee and cakes whilst here! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel like Susan your scene looks like the beach at St Andrews we might just have to go there for our dog walk today, So your beautiful card has just inspired me to get wrapped up and go for that beach walk. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Rachel, your big sister would love this as she always loved puffins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing scene Rachel !! Oh for warmer weather although we did have the nice same day as you yesterday !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work again Rachel, have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely scene you have created Rachel and I love the colours.
    Glad you had a good time at the zoo yesterday, how lovely to have a season ticket so you can go whenever you like.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene you've created Rachel, beautifully coloured, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful beach scene - terrific masking there Rachel. Love the Puffin! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous beach scene Rachel, lol we must be so intuned as this is the second time we have done something along the same lines. :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, lovely scenic card, Puffins are one of my fav little birds and have actually held one. Love your colours and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful beach scene, I love it.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the way you have combined your stamps to make such a fabulous scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab scene Rachel, love the background
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully coloured & such a lovely scene. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant scene and fabulous image -been freezing here today our first frost and it was a heavy one !
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great card Rachel, I love the scene you have created. I just love the puffin. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Rachel, love the way you've combined those stamps. I've been really trying to resist buying them but I can feel my will power vanishing now lol
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely scene Rachel.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Rachel. You have created a beautiful scene.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful scene, wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I sat and cut up my set of these last night - am itching to play with them! Love what you have created, beautiful use of colour and wonderfully stamped. Must try to ink mine this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx