My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 20 August 2013

2nd day of new releases and colourful challenge at crafty sentiments


Good morning all! I hope you are well and happy and ready for day two of the new releases at Crafty Sentiments? Todays new image is so cute - she's called Lily Fairy and here's what I did with her:





I made the background using DI - chipped sapphire and dusty concorde and milled lavendar. I added the Crafty sentiments diecut and then added the image coloured with promarkers and cut with one of my bargain Go Kreate dies from the doncaster show. Then I added the LOTV sentiment and some spellbinders diecuts. Check out what some of the Guest Designers made of her on the craftysentimentsinspirationsInspirational blog.

There's also a new challenge starting over on the Crafty Sentiments Blog. Its all about being colourful. Here's what I did:



I used a stencil and some sparkle medium from Imagination Crafts - the sparkle medium colour is amethyst. The mermaids were stamped and coloured with promarkers then fussy cut. The rock is one of the accessories stamps from Crafty Sentiments too. The sentiment is from Sheena Douglass. Finally I added some sea shells.

I'd like to enter these cards into the following challenges:

OLLCB: ooh-la-la-creationschallengesInspired by a song: Under the Sea (from the little mermaid)
Lexi'slexiscreations: Sparkle and shine
Cutie piescutiepiechallenge: AG
Glitter n sparkleglitternsparklechallengeblog: Not square
PIO:pileitonchallenge No designer paper
sweet stampinsweetstampinchallengeblog: Bold and beautiful

Thanks for dropping by today - just wanted to let you know about my coffee morning - I thought it was going to be a disaster as two very supportive friends texted me an hour before to say they had dodgey tummies - but luckily the local Hornby ladies rallied round and we had a lovely morning and I managed to raise £67 towards my total - plus another £13 on a game I have going where you have to try and guess my race position to the nearest 500! The nearest gets a bottle of champagne. Here's a quick picture of the cakes and my girls before kick off!



Thanks for dropping by today and for your wonderful comments! I do enjoy reading them!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx


31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards today Rachel, Glad you did well at the coffee morning you did work hard to make all those cakes. See you later

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, I think the bottom one is my favorite. What a lot of yummy looking cakes, glad you had a successful morning.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

  3. Great cards and yummy cakes today Rachel. Glad it turned out ok in the end. Well done for raising £67 plus your £18. I know how hard it is to raise money for charity. But as I say it all helps.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and yummy cakes, great photo.
    Hope you have a lovely day.
    Hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Rachel, love them both. Those cakes look absolutely scrummy, congratulations on the money raised.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a lot of cakes there Rachel - all calorie free of course. Pretty cards as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cards are gorgeous Rachel. I love the pretty images and beautiful colours.
    I am so pleased that the coffee morning was successful, your cakes look delicious!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects Rachel, I'm goi g to have 'under the sea' song from little mermaid in my head all day.. ( yesterday it was 'walking in the airrrr).. Those cake look sooooooo tempting, Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Rachel. Suzette Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous images and love the colourings-congratulations on your coffee morning the cakes look delicious-will catch up with your other posts later
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of the cards are so cute. Great photo of the girls too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards love the Mermaid one especially the colours are just gorgeous Thanks for joining our inspired by song challenge at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing and very striking cards!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing at The Cutie Pie Challenge...adorable cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous cards, two gorgeous girls and loads of gorgeous cakes(wish I could have come !!)and one super duper mum !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful Rachel, love the look of those cakes.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are lovely Rachel, such pretty images.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Rachel, those mermaids are fab! And wow, those cakes look gorgeous.....sure wish you lived closer lol!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. Love the second one with the sparkle. Well done on the coffee morning too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm, what yummy delicious looking cakes, makes my mouth water! Cute cards, I swear the model is one of your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great scene. Thanks for sharing with us this week, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne Sweet Stampin DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab cards Rachel and your girls are so gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the rich deep colors of your fairy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. super cards
    thank you for joining us at glitter n sparkle
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely non square card Rachel. Love the colour and the image is really sweet.

    Well done on your coffee morning,your cakes look lush.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful creation. Love your use of the theme: Anything but a square . Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    PS - those cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. BEAUTIFUL cards!!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a pretty card, loving the sparkle, so glad you joined us at OLL
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx