My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 4 August 2013

Craft a scene DT: In the Park

hello there! Its a late post for me today - its time for a new challenge at craftascene and this month the challenge is to make a scene showing what happens 'in the park'. Originally the idea was to go for a picnic in the park theme but I for one struggled with that so we broadened the idea to just 'in the park'. This is my first card for the theme - I already sent it as a belated birthday card to Anne (redanne). I know she has received it so its safe for me to show it here.



There are two stamps in the scene - the tree and the swing. They're both part of a set from Inkylicious. I got the set from the show at Doncaster - love them! The background was made first using distress ink - I used coated clarity card and swept the base with wild honey, the middle with spiced marmalade and the top with barn door. Then I spritzed and flicked with water. Once dry I stamped the tree with black archival - and covered with ultrafine clear crystal embossing powder and heat set. Then I did the same with the swing stamp.  I used distress ink of the same colours on the background card and mounted the topper on black to add a striking contrast.

Hope you like my offering today! I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges

2 sisters CB2sisterschallengeblog: AG
Crafty Calendar challengescraftycalendarchallenge: AG
Delicious Doodlesdeliciousdoodleschallenge: AG
MMCSmymumscraftshop: Summer sun
ALBCpaulaholifieldcrafts: Summer sun
sss:simonsaysstampblog AG

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for dropping by.

Crafty Hugs
Rachel xx

29 comments:

  1. Stunning birthday card! Love the background and the embossed image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous hun, love the colours and the water spritzing and the image is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't just like it Rachel, I love it and it looks so beautiful in real life. I am a lucky girl to have this gorgeous card.... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Rachel, such gorgeous colours and the water spritzed background. I have this stamp as well, but have not inked it yet.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, such gorgeous colours too, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous Rachel, adore the colours and the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rachel. The glorious colours make it so special. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Rachel, lovely background and great silhouette image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Rachel! The splatters adds the perfect amount of texture and I love the great tree and swing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours Rachel and that tree stamp is stunning !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely "in the park" card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, Rachel I had to replace my comment due to a mistake. I love your card this week the colors are so vibrant and the embossing is so nice. My embossing never turns out this nice. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful stamps merged together Rachel. I love the background you have done. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the design and wonderful colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and wonderful colors! Love the gorgeous background for the beautiful silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Rachel, fab colours and stamping.
    Just doing a bit of blog hopping :)
    Have a great week, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Rachel, love your distressed bg. Fabulous embossing too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card and love the colours and the tree.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool card and love the background work you've done.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the image and you made a fantastic background love it
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous yummy inkiness! Love it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A super card Rachel. Gorgeous colours and super stamp.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning card Rachel, a fabulous design and stunning colours. Your embossed image is just gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW WOW I am so in love with this card, I love the way distress inks splat when adding water, but on this card it looks so white and super gorgeous. I have some of Claritys card, I haven't used it in ages, hmmmmm now time to play lol. Hugs Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. The stamp is great and you made a great job with this stamp. I love your card so much!!!!
    Greetings
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love what you have created! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar for our Anything Goes challenge!

    Claire xx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! Thank you for playing along this month with the A Little Bit Crafty Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge blog!! Hope to see you join us again… we just started a new challenge today!! Kimberly DT – Paper Munch Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx