My shining star

My shining star

Friday 9 August 2013

fun with the melt pot

Morning all. How're you doing? Hope you're okay! I'm having trouble with blogger - well its not blogger its my computer - when I try to load up pictures into a post it doesn't want to know and just doesn't do it - now luckily there is another computer in the house so I can save my pictures on my memory stick and go and use other said computer - but its very annoying!!!! I hope I find a way around it soon!!!!

Todays card has been made with a few challenges in mind. Over at the Sunday stamper the theme is diamonds - so I've used some sparkle medium and an Imagination crafts mask and added diamonds. At our creative corner  the theme is words - so I've got bookprint, stamped print and also the words at the top of the card (from a word stamp set by dylusions) . Countryview Crafts are also doing sayings - so I've got the words at the top of the page. And at the Fashionable stamping challenge the theme is bookprint/script so I've got that. Crafty Individuals also has an open theme this month - the focal stamp is from them.






The Crafty Individuals fairy was stamped with sepia Archival onto a background I created using antique linen distress stain and a spritz of water. The flowers were made using the 6 petal flower from the tattered florals die set via the method shown on Hels blog here. I also dipped them into hot UTEE in the meltpot to give the high shine faux porcelain look. The butterfly is a crafty emblie that got the sparkle medium treatment.

The back of the card was distressed with tea dye and then I used a script stamp and the tea dye again to overstamp. The sparkle medium is both antique bronze and diamond - although most of the diamond has been covered by the florals.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Diamonds
Our Creative Corner:ourcreativecorner6 Words Words Words
Countryview Craftscountryviewchallenges: Sayings
Fashinable stamping challengefashionablestampingchallenges: Script/bookprint
Crafty Individualscraftyindividualsblog: Open theme
Divasdivasbydesignchallenge: Bingo - distressing, lace, flowers.
PTWpapertakeweekly: AG with the option of vintage
LEJlejdesignschallengeblog: Lovely lace
Inky Chicksinkychicks: Lovely Lace
AIartisticinspirationschallenges Bingo - lace, pearls, layers
Stamping sensationssirstampalotchallenge: Wings and things with a touch of vintage

wow - thats a lot of challenges for me!

Anyway - hope you have a fab Friday and that whatever you've got planned goes well. My girls are on their final day of Jujitsu camp - they've had a blast - the smoothies they made yesterday were put into lolly moulds and they'll get a homemade ice lolly today - sounds good eh?  Me? Well I'm running again this morning - come rain or shine - and then it will be time for a little bit of blogging and housework before picking the kidlets up!!!

Big Hugs! Thanks for dropping by and I hope you like what you saw today!

Big Crafty hugs

Rachel xx


35 comments:

  1. Wow! Rchel this is stunning, I love how you've stamped your fairy, in fact all the details are fabulous.
    That's some amount of challenges, good luck with them.
    Have a brilliant run this morning, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Rachel, those flowers are beautiful. Gosh, that's a lot of challenges. Hope you're lucky. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous card....Fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous Rachel lots of gorgeous detail! I love how you dipped the flowers in UTEE - must dust off my melt pot! Have a fabulous day hope it stays dry for your run! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous hun looks like you had fun
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true a saying Rachel and such a fab project !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Rachel, so much to take in. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Rachel. Such a fabulous design, I love the image and beautiful sentiment too.
    I hope you have a good day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete


  9. Great design and I love the sentiment too.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely superb Rachel, love this lots. The diamond pattern is wonderful on the butterfly and your dipped flowers look beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Rachel, love it.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Rachel, fabulous card! Love the vintage feel and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great creation Rachel. The meltpot is something I'm thinking of buying, the only thing that's stopping me at the moment is room, and lack of space to put it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. Your flowers are gorgeous. I so want to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning! fabulous mixed media creation and I love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card and love the book print papers. The flowers look gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creation Rachel, and so clever of you to enter so many challenges - love the harlequin sparkly pattern. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Individuals, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Rachel and such a lot of detail. Love the flowers dipped in the melt pot. Really got to get me one of those.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fantastic project and beautifully designed. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Rachel I love all the different elements and techniques-thank you for your comment this morning,would you believe I schedueled the post and forgot to upload the pic!!!hope you get your problem sorted soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks fabulous Rachel. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fabulous card. Love all the stamped elements and a great sentiment. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to use google chrome to get any photos on these days! a really great make and love the way you have combined the elements x hugs trace x
    sorry for any comments missed having a few days off as Steve is home and a few days out hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty, beautiful use of the CI stamp.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, love the diamond butterfly, so cute! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is fabulous Rachel, gorgeous background and I love your Butterfly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so lovely Rachel, what a pretty card, so beautifully decorated and such a lovely sentiment. So pleased you shared it with us at Diva's this week, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful creation Rachel!!!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your choice of image, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. very lovely creation

    Thanks for joining us at
    Stamping Sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fabulous creation, Rachel! I Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations for our Wings and Things and a Touch of Vintage theme. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card, Rachel! I love that vintage fairy image, and how you've done the flowers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thats a lovely vintage fairy image Rachel and I really like her sparkly wings but my favourite part of your card is those gorgeous porcelain-like flowers! Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the vintage neutrals, and the harlequin diamonds look great against that texty background. Fab butterfly too... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  35. A great saying and a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx