My shining star

My shining star

Monday 12 August 2013

stitching real or faux at whoopsi daisy

Morning all - I'm off running again this morning - yesterdays run went well - I managed just over 10 miles and felt I could have run a little further if necessary! At the 10 mile marker on the Great North they have a boost zone where you run through lots of high energy music and people give you jelly babies to eat  - it worked for me last time so I'm hoping it will work again this time!  I only have to do 5 miles today so it won't be quite so bad!!! Its hill run day though - thats always a toughie!

Over at whoopsi daisy today there's a new challenge starting - its all about stitching - real or faux. I've used an image from sheet 462 - that you can get here. Here's my card:




I've coloured the image with promarkers and used my spellbinders die to cut the backing squares - and then added the faux stitching in white.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

OSAATonestitchatatimechallenge: Use a digi
squirrell and the fox:thesquirrelandthefox whimsical
allsorts cballsortschallenge: stitching
charismacharismacardz: Stitching - real or faux

Thanks for dropping by today - its little Lucy's 7th birthday tomorrow - so we'll be doing a bit of baking later - and we're off to kids am at the cinema to see 'epic'. And we're going to the library to get some new books towards the Creepy House Challenge that they're doing. Oh Yes - Lucy got her ballet exam results too - she got a Merit - the upper level - which means she has a very good standard of ballet! How exciting for her!!! She makes me so proud!

Hope to see you again soon - it'll be late before I get around to commenting tomorrow as we have it all on with a friends party in the morning and then my mum and dad are coming over for tea! Have a great Monday! Big Hugs

Rachel xx

31 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel a gorgeous card today your faux stitching is very neat! Well done to Lucy what a clever girl! Hope she has a Happy Birthday too! Good luck with your hill run too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lucy! Well done on receiving a Merit - clever girl. Hope Lucy has a wonderful birthday tomorrow.

    Love your card today Rachel, loving the colours, your great faux stitching and that lovely image. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Lucy, It's a beautiful card today Rachel, lovely colours and stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Rachel. I love the sweet image and beautiful colours.
    Well done to Lucy, no wonder you are proud of her. I hope you have a lovely day today, enjoy the cinema
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Rachel, it's so sweet. Good Luck with the run too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Lucy on getting her Merit Cert. Gosh and life is just so busy for you Rachel, but you still manage to produce a gorgeous card, very apt too as you have a budding Prima Ballerina in the making.

    Love your card and the colours are fab, great stitching.
    Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow Lucy, Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous,love the design and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rachel, a lovely background as well.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete

  10. Gorgeous card Rachel. A big well done for Lucy. Don't fancy the 5mile run but then again I can do that dog walking some days.

    Enjoy your day of fun with the birthday girl,

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh heck Rachel - I am having new glasses in a week or so but I do wish I had them now - I have just read your post about your running and got to the part about the 'boost zone' - my glasses are a tad weak and I read "they have a booze zone"!!! My blog followers would say that this is normal for me though - lol!!!!

    Anyway I am just here to comment on your beautiful card, this is such a gorgeous image and you have used amazing colours. I particularly like all your faux stitching.

    Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this time, I do hope we see you again very soon.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love the design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done to Lucy and well done Rachel - your card is adorable and and I love the colours you have chosen. Such a nice change from 'girlie' pinks :-) Good luck in our challenge. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness, suh an adorable image! Love her innocence! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Rachel, such an adorable image. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel, you are an actual genius! I love you :) but I can't tell you why just yet!

    Love your card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the cute image and great papers,love the white faux stitching,congrats on your running,Happy Birthday to Lucy and congratulations on her ballet merit hope you all enjoy your day tomorrow
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet image & wonderful faux stitching & colors that compliment the sweet image. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch176 Use a digi.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the papers and your faux stitching. The image is a real cutie too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi again Rachel still like your great card -thanks for joining us at OSAAT
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card Rachel, I love the image. Hope Lucy has a great birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love your rich papers.
    I hope Lucy has a lovely birthday tomorrow.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely card Rachel and thanks for joining my stitching challenge at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow .. Good luck in the run .. 10 minutes gets me, let alone 10 miles lol.
    A beautiful creation and I love your stitching.. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT for our use a digi challenge. Good luck and hope to see you back with us soon.
    Hugs
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. How sweet! I love your color combination. Too cute!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angel Design Team at One Stitch At A Time! Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - OSAAT
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card and such a sweet image.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx