My shining star

My shining star

Friday 25 May 2012

neighbourwood spotlight stamping

Evening all! I trust you've had a fabulous Friday? I've had a good one and I'm hoping to have a very crafty Saturday - I'm off to Dawn Bibby's shop for a day class with Hels Sheridan - hopefully I'll get chance to blog what we made tomorrow evening!

Anyway's - I was reading the posts by Lyndsay and Marie about the Neighbourwood offer at Desmet Designs and I thought I'd have a little go with one of the stamps - I also remembered the challenge over there was a red, white and blue one and wanted to make my card to match these colours. Finally - I was inspired by Kathryn over at Mucky Paws by her attempt at spotlight stamping - so wanted to give that a go too! This is what I came up with:



The papers were free from the latest creativity magazine - apart from the one at the back which is papermania colour capsule collection. The stamp is neighbourwood and I've coloured the spotlight area using promarkers. The sentiment is a dawn Bibby one cut down.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Spotlight stamping: craftybloggersnetwork
Birthdays:promarkerchallenge Passion for promarkers
A little birdie told me:doyoustackup DYSU 73
Red, white and blue plus sketch at willowsketchiechallengeWillow sketchie
Red white and blue and celebrations at desmetdt
Animals at totallypapercrafts
Anything goes at fatpageswithattitude

Must close there - its been a long day and I think my hubbie needs some company!!!

Speak to you tomorrow - probably!

Hugs Rachel xx

16 comments:

  1. Fab card Rachel, I do love those cute little owls and your papers are so pretty, I can't believe some of them are freebies.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and I love to do spot lightling too. That image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Hun,this is gorgeous,just love that super cute image,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the image very cute and the papers, thank you for joining us at Fat Pages With Attitude this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute spotlight owls! Very nice! News from Fat Pages-- We are starting a Top 3! Also, this challenge will run for one week then back to every 2 weeks. You can also enter our sister challenge with this card, ATC's Cards with Attitude. The link is on our page. Thanks so much for entering Fat Pages Cards with Attitude!
    Manderly

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card... clever technique!
    Thanks for joining us over at Passion for Promarkers this week with our "Birthdays" challenge , good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic i actually only tried this technique myself last night and it is a quick and easy technique love it. thanks for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is super what a great card, hope you had a super day at Dawns shop, Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. The image works beautifully with that technique.Very pretty card.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous sweetie, I love this image, so adorable and I love your spotlight stamping. Thank so much for joining in with the Desmet Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling little faces

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the image...great colours...thanks for joining us at PFP this week, best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant - thank you so much for sharing this super card with us at Desmet Designs. I love those owls peeking out - an excellent choice for spotlight stamping. Good luck in the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love the image very cute and the papers, thank you for joining us at CBN this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabby x thanks for the mention :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx