My shining star

My shining star

Friday 11 May 2012

Butterflies, candy and a GDT spot

Morning all! Hope you're all feeling fit and well? I'm good - I took the car in to get MOT'd this morning and had to run the 4 and 1/2 miles back home - but I made it! Yipee!!!!!

Now before I share my post for today with you I'd like to tell you about my good friend Kaz's candy - donemark - she's looking to get 100 followers and is offering a candy package as an incentive to get a few people over there - go and have a look - I'm sure you'll not regret it - she makes some gorgeous cards!

Also some of you may know that I'm GDT for dudetimedoodles this month - and over at their site there is the opportunity of a freebie image to use to try and win the GDT spot for June - why not give it a go! I've really enjoyed the experience so far - and I'm sure you would too!

Now then onto my post - something a little different - but very frilly and fancy:



I've made this card with the fussyandfancychallenge in mind that is butterflies, ribbons and punches but wanted to use my new Tilda stamp too so I've linked it with the bingo challenge over at officialmagnoliainspirationchallengeTOMIC this week (embossing, shaped card, butterflies). The papers I've used are meadowlark from prima and I've coloured my image with some promarkers. I'd also like to enter this card into the challenge over at guylousinimitabilityGuylou's which is punches, dies and diamonds this time and also magnolia-liciouschallengeblog which is a colour challenge this time (pink, green and yellow/ecru).Finally with my flowers added it would be rude not to enter this in thedoyoustackup DYSU challenge: use a flower!

Hope you all have a good Friday!

Hugs

Rachel xx

15 comments:

  1. WOW!! this is fabulous card love the colour combo hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet hun, I love the fab shape and the tilda image and the flowers look beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Rachel! Great shape and pretty colors and details! Thanks for joining in at Guylou's Inimitability!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    This is beautiful,lovely image and pretty paper :)
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel this is so pretty what a fantastic card , so full of gorgeous details and your colouring is fabulous.
    Well done, Have a lovely weekend Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Rachel, this is just fab!Gorgeous image, great shape and love those butterflies. And did you say 4 1/2 miles........??Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards today,have a great weekend.kaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waht a beautiful card, thank you for joining us at TOMIC, good luck, hugs Janny

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a super shape

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card and congrats on your GDT post xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, beautiful card. Love the shape. Adorable Tilda--one of my faves--and beautifully coloured. Gorgeous DP. Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! How creative!!
    Thanks for entering our challenge at Guylou's!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, Rachel! Glad you played at Guylou's! Great job on your run. I used to be a long distance runner in another life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel,
    Love that you made your card in the shape of a butterfly!
    What a lot of tiny work, cutting and arranging all the tiny butterflies around your image.
    Great colouring :o)
    Thank you so much for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx