My shining star

My shining star

Monday 14 May 2012

Aunty Christines card

Afternoon all you lovely crafty people out in blogland - I'm having a good day so far - hope you are too! I want to share with you mymake from the playbarn yesterday - its for my aunty Christine who has a birthday in June - its not what I usually make for her - she's very in to art deco so I usually go down that line - but I wanted to try something different for her!



I followed the sketch from over at fridaysketchchallenge: samantha's sketch and used trimcraft papers. The image is a penny black and I've made the card with the pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge penny black challenge 'in the garden' in mind.  The  image was coloured with promarkers and the sentiment stamp is a whimsy stamp. The ribbon, charm and pins and some of the blooms came from a duck pond craft monthly blooms kit and the fence and leaves came from the Dawn Bibby Designs flower patch collection. I'd also like to enter this card into the May flowers challenge over atlittlemissmuffetchallenges, Flower Power at sweetstampinchallengeblog and butterflies and blooms at fatpageswithattitudefat pages with attitude.

Hope you all have a great remainder of your day!

Hugs

Rachel xx

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I sure Aunty will love it! Hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Hun,what a gorgeous card just love the image and those beautiful colours,she will love this Hun sure of that hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love the little mouse very cute,is this for the docraft challenge? lets hope more people join in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Rachel, I love the perfectly coloured image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, she'll love it. My eye always goes to anything orange and I love the papers and image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so beautiful, just love the image and colour choice
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love your colors and those butterflies. Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel,
    gorgeous card,sweet image and lovely colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable card Rachel, I love the colours you have chosen, I am sure your Auntie will be delighted with it.

    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel thank you for your lovely comments on my cards.
    Your card is fabulous, what fantastic work, Auntie Christine will love it ( hope she doesnt follow your blog) I showed dads card the other week and lo and behold he went on to my blogsite and saw it .

    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Rachel, that's fab! Gorgeous, bright colours, great image too, bet your Auntie's gonna love it!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel. Love the colours on this card and the gorge little image!! Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketch Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOrgeous card, love the design and those lovely pins! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea. LMM Dt Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful bright & cheerful card. Thanks for joing us this fortnight @ FSC & good luck
    Happy crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaah really cute
    thanks for playing with the Friday sketch challenge

    Janine DT FSC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel...thank you for joining in the garden challenge at Penny Black Saturday this week with your cute card...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, love the colours and all the details on your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and an adorable image thank you for joining us at Fat Pages with Attitude this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx