My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 9 May 2012

A Beary special card

Morning all! Well I had a lovely day yesterday - I found out that the scarecrow that my girls made at Rainbows won a prize in the Wray scarecrow festival - so I'm very excited to tell them all about it this evening! And then I opened up the new CMPC magazine and there was a lovely letter in there about me from my mum - and a crazy picture of me and my cuttlebug in an article about what crafting item you couldn't live without. And then - I tuned into blogland and found I've won a couple of saturated canary digis from a passion for promarkers! So all in all it was a very lucky day!

Today's been good too - but onto my post for now!



I've coloured my teddy bea image in with promarkers but kept her fairly plain beacause I wanted her to gowith a white on white card. I've added glitter to her wings, wand and hat bobble. I've followed a sketch from the sketch and stash challenge ( my neglected stash is my DB designs flower). The embossing folder I used was a cuttlebug one and the punch I've used is martha stewart.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 ready-teddy-gochallenge Bingo: Buttons, Glitter, embossing
sketchandstashchallenge Sketch and stash Andies sketch
totallypapercrafts white on white
glittergeeksTeddy Bears Picnic
papertakeweeklycute cute cute

Hopefully get chance to do another upload later!

Hugs Rachel x

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good day! Congrats on your wins!
    Gorgeous WOW card and with my favourite bear! Beautiful x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,
    Thats brillaint news,i'm sure the kids will be chuffed :) and congrats on your win too
    Gorgeous card! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your wins! How fun! Love your shaped card and such a cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card... unusual shape too :) love the image.. its so sweet :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stunning hun, love the image and the white on white is fab, just seen the article in CMPC well done =)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Congratulations on your super day ;0) Love Bea against the white ! Loving that shape too ! The glitter really stands out ! Thanks for joining in on the Button Up Challenge at Teddybo ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great big congrats, enjoy your prizes! Super card, I love WOW cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card and a fabulous 'take' on the sketch too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. sound like you are a lucky family! Lovely teddy bea and love the shape and detail of the card. Thanks for joining us for our Bingo Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go!

    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've been on a roll with prizes - better run out and buy a lottery ticket ;-)
    Super cute card - really love the touch of sparkle on your fairy Teddy Bo.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and Bea looks stunning against all the white! Really effectfull that way. Lovely shape
    Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time and good luck
    hug

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous image and card , isnt that fabulous about the article....wow fantastic news Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a day you had!
    All I can say is that I soooo love this card - I love the shape of the card and that you have made it all white with just a little accent of colour on my FAVOURITE TEddy Bea ever!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Teddy Bo's Challenge and good luck.
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sure is cute Rachel! Thanks for playing along at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So incredibly beautiful cards you make! I would be so happy if you will join us at Tuesday Alchemy!
    This week's challenge is the wedding day. Make a card, layout or other creation, and have the opportunity to win a great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks fab. I love your cute image & the wonderful embossing. Great take on my sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Wendy, what a great day you had !!!
    Congrats on your Saturated Canary win especially, such great images.

    Love all the little details in your card.

    Thank you for joining in at Ready Teddy Go challenge this month.

    Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx