My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Are you reddy?

Morning all (just!)

I hope you are all well and happy - just a little thankyou for all the comments you have been leaving - I really do appreciate them!

Phew! Well the last two days have been a little hectic getting both of these DT posts out - but now I think I'm happy with the process I can relax and enjoy them!

I've got a card to share with you today that was generated last night - I has bought a new set of chocolate baroque stamps - I couldn't believe the service - it was amazing - anyway here's what I did with them:



Its my friend's 40th birthday coming up so I thought it would be a good idea to make a card for her whilst I was having a play! I've used distress inks (barn door and fired brick) to make the background then stamped with the chocolate baroque stamps around the edge. I used a skecth by Cordine over at the Sketchy Challenges then added the black paper. The red papers were then stamped on again and finally I made the tag using pan pastels then distressed the edges with black soot after atamping. Added the flowers and the gems!

I hope my friend likes it!

I'd like to put this card into the following challenges:
The sketchy challenges: Cordines Sketch
Sunday Stamper: Red
Sundays with Crissy: things with wings
Anything goes challenge blog: Things with wings
Hopefully see you soon!

Hugs Rachel xx

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love all those layers and the stamps look fab! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very stunning. Love the color combo and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel wow fabby card ! Can't make Hels workshop :( skint lol xx enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really stunning sweetie, love those gorgeous colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gosh Hun this is stunning,those colours are just amazing,bless you too for playing at anything goes,this week too hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just stunning!! Love the colour combo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation Rachel What a Fantastic card. Fabulous colours a lovely design and gorgeous stamped image . Well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Love, love the colors and paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Rachel Hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel,
    Oh I see someone has been messing around with distress inks! Beautiful outcome, love the bold colors! Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I LOVE this!! Great bold colours that bring your image to life!! I am sure your friend will love it!! Thanks for sharing this beaut with us here at Sundays With Crissy!!
    Hugs,
    Sarah ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous vibrant card, and great layout! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge this month! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx