My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 6 May 2012

getting patriotic

Morning all! I hope Sunday's looking as good for you as it is for me?! I think we'd better make the most of it though - sounds like we'll have rain back tomorrow!!!

I'd like to share my patriotic beach hut with you today! Not literally you understand!!! Although if I had one you'd be more than welcome to come along for a cup of tea!!


I've loosely used a sketch from digi makeover challenge 34 and digital images from the crafty pad. I wanted to make a summery card with a british feel and using papermania papers (free with creativity magazine this issue) I think thats what I've achieved!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge: The best of British: cupcakecraftchallenges
CYPC: Lots of Texture craftyourpassionchallenges
Digi Makeover Challenge 34: Sketch papermakeupstamps
The Crafty Pad: May Showcase thecraftypad may-tcp-showcase
Crafters Companion: Here comes Summer ccmonthlychallenge
DYSU #70 Circles. doyoustackup

Got to go and make the packed lunches now - we're off to Blackpool Zoo today!

Have a lovely Sunday

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Hun,this is brilliant all the detail and layers on this are just amazing,super card Hun,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, great use of the Portobello Road papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous ,very patriotic.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Rachel! How more British could you get, with Red White and Blue Beach Huts :)

    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card great for this summer I just love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafter's Companion Challenge. Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a beautiful creation. I live all the colors and paper piecing. A wonderful card. Thanks for entering in the Crafty Pad Monthly Challenge.

    Hugs Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Rachel - it is very patriotic! Love the added banner at the top. Glad you joined us for the sketch challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic as I live on the Sussex coast it is very much by the sea side. Hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Rachel I love what you did with the Beach Hut image! So very patriotic!
    Thanks for playing in the TCP Monthly Showcase at The Crafty Pad this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic and vary patriotic Rachel , great design, I have these papers they are so pretty, fab shaped card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Very British... perfect for my challenge at Cupcake! Thanks for joining in, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww what a fabulous card Rachael - love the whole design and I would think I was sitting at my local beach looking at the beach huts there - brilliant. :)
    Thanks for joining in with our TCP monthly showcase - good luck. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red, white and blue and banners on your easel card! Thanks for using our sketch at the Digi Makeover Challenge by Paper Makeup Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Rachel. Easel cards are so fun to make. Fabulous card!
    Thanks so much for joining Digi Makeover Challenge at PMS.
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Rachel...

    Thanks stopping by mine & leaving such kinds words about my card...much appreciated!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very British! Fab card, Rachel, love them papers....i've just got the mag too!Hope you're well and have had a fab weekend so far!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of color! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun and unique! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachel my name is Debbie and I own The Crafty Pad Designs shop - would you please email me at
    craftypad-deb@hotmail.co.uk

    Thanks Debbiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx