Hello there! Hope you're all well and happy! I've had a fab day a a workshop with lots of lovely ladies and one chap - run by Hels Sheridan - here's what I made!
This mirror started out as a plain pine coloured one from Ikea ( about a pound!) - I used cut and dry foam to add black paint to the frame then heated it to dry. After it was dry I sanded it then added vintage photo distress ink which I again dried with a heat gun - did a little bit of spritz and sprinkle with water but it didn't show up too well.
The letters were in silver metal paper and black paint was dabbed onto them to age them. The butterflies were from the papillion dies - I used old paper distress stain, victorian velvet distress stain and ink and aged mahogony distress stain and ink to colour the butterflies then added beads with cosmic shimmer glue to make the bodies. The 'dummy' was cut from the sewing room dies - as was the bobbin. I used vintage photo and victorian velvet to colour these and distressed the edges with my scissors. The wings were cut from grunge paper and coloured in the same way. A ribbon was dyed and added to the dummy waist and a flower plus some tim holtz alterations (tassels and a bead on a pin).
The flowers were cut from the tattered florals dies - 3 flowers each and put together in the same way as shown by Hels on her blog (pinkleart.blogspot.com). The leaves were dyed using shabby shutters distress ink and then the flowers and pins applied using a hot glue gun.
I'm sure there's loads of stuff I've missed - but it was a brilliant day - thanks to Redanne - it was great to meet you and of course to Hels for such a fabulous workshop!
Hugs Rachel xx