My shining star

My shining star

Friday 15 March 2013

Tims 12 Tags of 2013- March

Hello there!

Well I hope you've had a good Friday! I'm blogging tonight instead of in the morning as I have to be off on a guiding day at around 8am - no rest for the wicked. I will be singing and doing felt craft and sewing though so its not going to be such a hardship!!! It maybe for the other guiders though - I don't sing so well!!!!

 

Anyway, yesterday I managed to get my Tims Tag of March made - I really struggled with this one as I didn't really have much in the way of stuff to do this - but after some further inspiration from Nat at ngcards this is what I finally did:



The background of the tag was bookprint covered with shabby shutters distress stain then I added picked raspberry and crushed olive distress ink and spritzed and flicked with water. Next I made the topper by cutting some coordinations card using a nestie then cutting the butterfly shape out of this, then I ran some green mirri through an embossing folder and added to the hole to form the butterfly. I then added picked raspberry DI around the edge and put the topper on the tag. I made the grass in two layers aby cutting and curling paper then added the metal flowers that I'd previously painted with acrylic paints from pebeos paint fusion range. the seam binding was added around the base and at the top and finally I die cut the banner, bent it back and stenciled the message in place. I love the colours but feel its a bit on the plain side!

Anyways up - its done now - and I look forward to seeing what the April tag looks like.

I'd like to enter my tag into the following challenges:

Tims Tags Marchtimholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-march/
MAWTTmovingalongwiththetimes: Spring is in the air
Joanna Sheenjoannasheenchallenge: Mums the word

Have a fabby weekend - back on Sunday with another card from the Craft- a - scene GDT. Hope you've enjoyed your visit - thanks for being here to share this journey with me!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx



14 comments:

  1. Lovely tag Rachel - love the colour scheme you've used and I adore "plain" projects as the elements can be clearly seen.
    Enjoy your Guiding day tomorrow!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, it is a wonderful take on Tim's tag, I love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabulous Rachel. I love the design and gorgeous details.
    I hope you have fun tomorrow.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag works brilliantly Rachel, adore the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful great design on this tag
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! Love the metallic butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is gorgeous! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely tag. Great colour choice and love the embellies.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. God luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely tag hun, very pretty colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Tag Rachel, I love your pretty colour combination and great background as always.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tag work, Rachel. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx