My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 17 March 2013

GDT for Craft-a-scene: Tropical shores - and my felt sewing from Guiders day!

Hello there lovelies - how are you? Hope Saturday was good to you? I've enjoyed reading what I've seen so far about all you lovely people up in Harrogate - I unfortunately was otherwise occupied - but more of that in a minute!

First of all - there's still the month long challenge going on over at craftascene. This month the theme is tropical shores - I was thrilled to win over at the Tuesday Alchemy CB for my last GDT card - fingers crossed this one will be as lucky for me!!!


My stamp is another one from Hobby art and I've coloured in with promarkers and using the brayer - I tried to get the water effect with the scrumpled paper - it shows up well in the flesh - as it were - the papers on the card are Crafty Individuals - and the flowers are WOC. They're supposed to look like a tropical garland draped over the top!!! The shells are again from the beach - I need to go and collect more as I've virtually ran out now!!

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Totally Papercraftstotallypapercrafts: Easel cards
Pin and Tack n0.7:pinandtack Anything goes
Passion for Promarkerspromarkerchallenge: From around the world


As for my Saturday - well I went away to a guiders North west training morning in Preston - I spent the first hour and a half singing - great fun - and learnt lots of new songs that I know my rainbows are going to love. Then the second hour and a half I spent doing sewing - felt. Here's what I made and hope to make with my Rainbows:

I'm not too sure how they'll get on - it might be a bit ambitious especially for the five year olds - but with enough hands on deck I'm sure we can try - I might try some basic sewing of felt flowers first cut out using sizzix - then we can progress to this!!!

Big Hugs to you anyway and if you went to Harrogate hope you had fun!
Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you again soon!

Big Huggingtons!

Rachel xx


20 comments:

  1. A lovely romantic feel to your fab scene card Rachel and good luck with your bee's and bug's !! They are really cute !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win Rachel and I think there's another on the way. This piece is just gorgeous. The background is amazing as is your main image. The addition of the shells is a great idea.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, well done on the win, I think you might be on a roll here. The image is beautiful on this card and I think the water looks amazing. Love the CI paper too. You already know how much fun I had at Harrogate but I am dog tired today, really paying for it with a tired body and an empty purse......have a lovely Sunday my friend. Hugs, Anne x

    PS- I tried some sewing with our 5 year old GD and she did struggle a bit and we ended up gluing it together which she absolutely loved...... A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous how this has turned out Rachel, beautiful scene. Love the felt making, I'm sure the rainbows will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Rachel, love the scene and all the detail on your card... those felt projects must have been so fun to make :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Rachel. I love the scene and wonderful detailing.
    Your felt bee and ladybird are gorgeous, I'm sure your Rainbows will love them too.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning sweetie, this is stunningly gorgeous..

    Have a lovely Sunday Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. how beautiful, love all the detail
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and peaceful scene! Good idea to start with felt flowers and graduate from there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous serene feel ti this gorgeous creation.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Totally Papercrafts.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your easel card and the water looks fabulous. You've created a wonderful scene. Cute felt projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous scene and i love the felt, especially lady bugs - adore them! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Rachel, and the felt bugs are soooo cute too, the girls will love having a go making them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the Guest DT. I love your scene and the background and florals are a perfect backdrop, Rachel. They will probably surprise you with the felt making! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous card Rachel, I wish I was there!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, what a gorgeous card. I love your image and your colouring is fab. Your embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck! Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty little scene on a gorgeous card. Beautifully coloured and love your design and layout.
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at PFP and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Card! I love the Image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely. Love the shells.

    Thanks for sharing at TPC this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx