My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Flowers Galore at Crafty Sentiments

Good morning all! I hope you are well? Just been reading about this bloglovin thing - something else to get my head around!!!! I've got a gardening journal to share with you today - the theme at Crafty sentiments this week is Flowers Galore and I thought that was the perfect theme for doing a new journal for me to keep track of whats going on in the garden and what I plant when - here it is:




The image is called PrimroseGarden flowers and you can get her here. I've coloured her with promarkers - fussy cut and stuck onto papers. The flowers are WOC cherry blossoms in various colours and the papers are from raspberry road. The letters are Tim Holtz Grunge Board and I've srayed them with dylusion sprays and used DI also to achieve the colouring.

The prize for the challenge this week is a beautiful rubber stamp:






She's fabulous - who wouldn't want to win her! You can find the link to the challenge blog here.

I'd like to enter my journal into the following challenges:

2 sisters CB2sisterschallengeblog: Flowers for Spring
Digidesigndisdigidesignschallenge: Easter or Spring
AGOACpinkgemchallengeblog: Easter or Spring
Glitternsparkleglitternsparklechallengeblog: Easter/spring colours
ABACanythingbutacard: Spring
Digi Darlasdigidarlas: Spring

I've got another quick card to share with you today - its for my neighbour who will be 89 in about a week.


The image is of course mummu from Mo Manning - I've coloured her with promarker and the card Layout follows sketch 1 at Simon says Stamp this week. I'd like to enter this card into:
Simon says stampsimonsaysstampschallenge: Sketch
Totally Gorgeoustotallygorjuss: Something old

Thanks for looking today - hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you again soon! Big Hugs rachel xx





18 comments:

  1. Your journal cover is great, Rachel and that image could not be any better! Your second card is beautiful too. Vee xx ps thank you for the heads up about CCAYR I had been getting mixed up and missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping over from bloglovin and loving your creativity today love the image on the card and all those gorgeous flowers on your inspirational piece
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty journal cover, cute image and gorgeous colours.
    Your card is wonderful, such a great image and I love papers and layout.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. super journal Rachel gorgeous image and I am sure your neighbour will love her card it certainly gave me a giggle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, your journal cover is beautiful, love all the flowers. The card looks perfect for your neighbour too, such a lovely image. I did sign up for Bloglovin too but not sure how to get the button..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal is lovely and such a great idea and I alway love the mummu image as it always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gardening journal is fantastic and the flowers are so appropriate! Always love Mo's images regardless of which one, happy birthday to your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea Rachel, love the journal. Your card is just perfect for your lady friend by the sounds of things. Gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, your card is wonderful and just perfect for your neighbour, she is sure to be very pleased with it.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card hun, and the journal is just the job....perfect! Got to admit I'm slightly obsessed with journals...have one for just about everything!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous garden journal Rachel, lovely bright colours and you've used my favourite Mo image for your second card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally love that gardening journal!!! And fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for a journal and you sure made Annabelle look fantastic.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project and I love the image you've used. Your card is great too!

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabuous journal and a gorgeous card, both fab images but the one on the card really makes me smile love them
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Rachel! Love this creation, so much fun. Thanks so much for joining along with Di's Digi Designs and Digi Darla's this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely journal cover with a great Spring like feel. The lettering is gorgeous and your florals are beautiful. Great colour work too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx