My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 7 March 2013

a morning of Hels-spiration - and an altered frame

Good morning lovelies! I hope you are feeling fit and well. I'm very sleepy after a poor night with Penny on Tuesday night - nightmares poor little thing! Yesterday was fabulous though and included a visit to Inspirations in Preston where they're having a week long crafting event with big crafting names on every day. I chose Wednesday - as Hels Sheridan was going to be there - and here she is:

Check out that fabulous 'wish' tag in the foreground that she made whilst I was there - oh and that starbucks chilled drink!!!! I'll be making something similar to that very soon - I had a little spend and got that stencil plus another from 'that special touch' - I also got some of the studio 490 flexible film - so will be able to make the butterflies that stay - so cool - oh yes and I got some black embossing paste - I was a bit naughty wasn't I? The wonderful Melanie Heaton was there too doing stuff with stampendous stamps including using frantage which was lots of fun to see. I also had the pleasure of watching Ali Reeve too - a brilliant morning and thanks go to my mum - my trusty companion of craft!!!!

Anyway - back to Hels - over at the Sunday stamper this week she wanted to see something pretty - well my frame is not in Hel's league - but I think its pretty - and it was made before today so of course I would have done it differently if only I had waited!


I've used various stamps from Lavinia - first the plain plywood frame was painted with acrylic paints - pebeo ones from paint fusion range. After drying I decorated with various stamps by using versamark and heat embossing with a variety of embossing powders. The moon was hand drawn - hence the cronky edge! The picture was added to the frame - but I do intend to use the frame for a photograph - just not got around to choosing yet!

Anyways - challenges - well I'd like enter my altered pieces into the following challenges:

Kaboodle Doodleskaboodledoodles: ABAC
Cutie Pie:cutiepiechallenge Magical
Cupcakecupcakecraftchallenges: Sparkle
Come and get it challengescomeandgetitchallenges: ABAC
Stamping Sensationssirstampalotchallenge: The great outdoors
Pan Pastelpanpasteluk: Alter it
Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Something Pretty
Sweet Stampin CBsweetstampinchallengeblog: Emboss it
Lavinia Stampslaviniastamps: AG

Well I hope you have a lovely day - I look forward to seeing what you've made later - and thanks for dropping by here today!!!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx


33 comments:

  1. Oh my Rachel, your frame IS so pretty !! Clever old you !! Glad you had a fab crafty day at Inspirations !! I've got green eye BAD !!

    hugs Disne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, I wish I had gone to Preston now too! I am trying not to spend though, saving it for Harrogate! I think you will love WV's Clearly for Art, it is great fun to use and if you are not happy just heat it up again - fabulous stuff. Your frame is lovely and my guess is that Hels will be impressed with it too. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Rachel, love the image and the colours used, Thanks for taking me yesterday we had a great time 3 of my favourite crafters, just brill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    Great card, love the embossing...not done that technique since I first started cardmaking years ago lol.
    Sounds like you had a fab day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful day Rachel, I bet it was wonderful to meet and learn from such inspirational crafters.
    Your frame is stunning. I love the design with those gorgeous shades of blue with the embossing and beautiful images.
    Poor Penny, I hope you all have a better night tonight.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Penny has a better night, a supe r pretty make again! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, I love the image and the colours and the embossing looks beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab, great creation, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Magical challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab frame you've made here Rachel....love the colours. I'm green-eyed too, thinking of being at a 'Hels' workshop! Thanks for joining in the Lavinia Stamps first challenge....good luck.
    Barbara DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your frame! How fun to be able to do crafting with your mom too. (Mine lives too far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Rachel and I am glad you treated yourself. The flexible film is awesome you will love it. I think your frame is gorgeous. Love the stamping and embossing. Vee xx ps sorry for the wee one it is so real to them isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so pretty and perfect for our theme Rachel.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check out what to do here

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that frame hun, is it one from the swedish shop with a mirror in the middle? really must get me some of those! thank you for sharing Hels tag and a picture of Hels with us - glad you had a good time and hope wee Penny feels much better soon Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Much prettier than a mirror or my picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work! Thank you for joining our Lavinia challenge - good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous sweetie ♥ Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your frame is just gorgeous Rachel, really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab , thankyou for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Magical card. Gorgeous silver embossing and image.
    And thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Embossing” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali
    Happy Woman`s Day!!!! ))

    ReplyDelete
  20. aw sorry that Penny has been suffering, hope she is over that soon hun.... was great to see you! Loving your pretty entry...Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous Rachel, gorgeous embossed details.
    It sounds like you had a great day out!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project, lovely details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges, hope to see your creative projects again soon. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. great project!! love the image and all the embossing. thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Rachel, it sounds like you had a fabby time! Gorgeous project, i really love that stamp and the frame sets her off a treat. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this week and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just hopping back to say thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I love all the sparkle and the blues! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an adorable scene! Just right for our outdoor theme at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for sharing it with us, and good luck.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors and touch of sparkle! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great colour combination, so love the way your centerpiece stands out. Nice bit of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beautiful piece and the colours are lovely too.
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Magical challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your frame is stunning, love the colours and use of the stamps.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic card
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx