My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 24 March 2013

Easter for my auntie

Hello there! Brrrr - isn't it chilly - that cold wind thats blowing up here could cut right through you.

 I've got another Easter card to share with you today - this one is for my Aunty Brenda and uncle Bernard.


This one is made using a Marianne die that I was lucky enough to get for Mothers Day - I got it from the Manchester show in February - I stood at this stall and watched this lady cut the top of her card in this way - well I was hooked - I'd never seen anything like this done before.It looked so easy but it wasn't so easy once I got it on mothers day - but finally I've sussed what I was doing wrong and think it will be much easier from now on. Pretty isn't it? I've teamed it up with some WOC flowers and the green diecut is a memory box one.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Marianne Design Divasmariannedesigndivas: Gardens
Incy Wincy:incywincydesigns Shaped cards
LEJlejdesignschallengeblog: Add a flower
LMMlittlemissmuffetchallenges: Easter
Polkadoodlespolkadoodle: Embossing
ccandccchocolatecoffeecards Bring on Spring
Totally Gorjuss totallygorjuss- something borrowed - the cutting idea
2 Sisters2sisterschallengeblog: Easter/Spring

Hope you have a happy Sunday and thanks for dropping by. Looking forward to getting some crafting done this afternoon with my mum and this evening in my attic. Both my girls have their Jujitsu gradings today. Penny will be doing white belt and Lucy yellow belt. Fingers crossed they're okay!

Hugs

Rachel xx




30 comments:

  1. simply gorgeous Rachel and as it looks so stunning may be you should do a tutorial :)

    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,love the design and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Rachel. I love that elegant die and your design is gorgeous.
    Good luck to Penny and Lucy and I hope you have a good day
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the die I was hoping to pick up yesterday, but sadly didn,t have it, never mind want it all the more now I have seen this card, it's gorgeous. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different indeed Rachel !! Think you will have to do a TUT on it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    PS Got everything crossed for the girls !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that's so pretty Rachel, love the flowers too! Good luck to the girls & enjoy your craft-ernoon with your Mum!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, the die cut is just gorgeous! Love the fresh spring-like flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card Rachel, what a fabulous way to use your die and the colours are stunning on the white background - beautiful.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Easter card. Love that die and the way you cut the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Rachel. That die is just gorgeous, will have to get it sometime. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, that is such a beautiful die and your card is just gorgeous! Wow.... Just got back from the NEC and I thought it was cold with lots of snow where we live but in Birmingham it was bitterly cold with loads more snow.... glad to be back home in the warm. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! LUV the die, it is gorgeous! Your Aunt & Uncle are going to love this! So happy to have you play along with us at CC&CC! Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever design, that die looks gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous Easter card love the design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, i'm sure your Aunty & Uncle will love it x
    I love the colour combo & the layout is perfect x
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Rachel. Love how you've used that lovely die. Really makes your card special. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Easter card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge: Bring on Spring
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunning entry, Rachel. Love those dies.
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a beautiful card. I am sure your aunty and uncle will love it. Glad you have come to join us at Craft A scene and I really look forward to seeing what you create for the challenges. Have fun. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Rachel! I love the die you used! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Easter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card and love the die and how you have used it,love the flowers too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tutorial, we need a tutorial, Rachel need a tutorial! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! this is a beautiful card. Such pretty flowers and a fabulous shape. Thank you for joining us over at Marianne Design Divas this month. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful design of your card simply beautiful thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles xxx Lidia Dt.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sunny, bright and classy all at the same time. Thanks for joining in the fun at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx