My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 2 March 2013

crowned rabbits

Good morning lovelies! Hope you are well and happy - I suspect some of you will be lucky enough to be heading over to the open day at LOTV today - wish I was too - but you can't do everything can you - hoping to get chance to pop into the virtual party on facebook though! Might see you there!

Today I've got another canvas to share with you - Hels Sheridan at the sunday-stamper wanted to see texture in our pieces this week - and Redanne mentioned using Embossing paste on her piece - here. I decided to have a go with some embossing paste - I've never got on with it before but this time it was more successful so thanks Anne for the motivation! See what you think:




I had so much fun doing this - the background was a combination of dylusions london blue spray, applied over weathered wood distress stain and spritzed with water. The stencil I used for the embossing paste has both the flowers and the butterflies on it and comes from imagination crafts. I have sprinkled mica powders over the embossing paste and heated until bubbling with a heat gun. The rabbits are of course from Crafty Individuals - and the phrase comes from a stamp by clarity stamp that I've cut up and added.

I'd like to enter my canvas into the following challenges:

Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Texture
Incy Wincyincywincydesigns: ABAC
fabnfunkychallenges: Pastels
simonsaysstampschallenge: Anything goes
ladybugcrafts: The colour Blue
MMCSmymumscraftshop: Spring has sprung
emergencycrafterschallenge Mad as a March Hare

Thankyou so much for dropping by today - I hope you have a fabulous day and hope to see you again soon! Big Crafty Hugs Rachel xx

20 comments:

  1. WOW Rachel your canvas is so gorgeous !! Love everything you have done with it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good Rachel, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the design, the colours and textures look wonderful.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful!
    Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out! Great colors and it looks so fun. Love how you did the background with Distress Inks and Dylusions - so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Rachel, you have done a superb job on your canvas! I love it, your embossing is fantastic and of course I do love the rabbits - my current favourite animal stamps. Beautiful job. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel this is stunning! Fantastic canvas, lovely inking and fabulous texture - love those hares too - may have to go on my 'to buy' list! It's really stunning and I love it! hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation. Nice colours.

    Nice weekend.

    Hugs, Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, this is amazing, I love the whole thing!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous...

    Have a great weekend Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Rachel, this is GORGEOUS... I loves those hares so much and that stencil at the bottom, I NEED it!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvas, I love the look that the embossing paste gives!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful canvas, Rachel and great texture. Vee xx ps thanks for the tip re raised beds that co. looks good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the mixed media effect, this is cute.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous canvas Rachel, brilliant background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Rachel - a real arty piece - I love the whole idea, thanks for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very cute! Love the bunnies with the crowns! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello again Rachel. Just popping back to say thank you for entering your wonderful canvas into the Ladybug crafts challenge this month
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous. I've never tried embossing paste and didn't think it was very versatile but what you've done with it is really original.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachel,
    Stunning canvas! Love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
    ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx