My shining star

My shining star

Monday 25 March 2013

Peace Canvas

Morning all! I hope you are still all wrapped up. Fridays snow was mostly gone here by yesterday - I wonder what the rest of the week will bring? Lets hope it warms up soon!

I've got a canvas to share with you today - and a picture of my girls at their Jujitsu grading - they both passed - Lucy is now a yellow belt and Penny a white belt.




Both very proud of themselves - as is mum of them xxx

Anyway - before I go onto the canvas - I've made a tutorial of how I created yesterdays card - I'll save it until I use the card blank that I created - but thats one in the pipeline for you - thanks for asking folks - its always nice to be asked!!!!

Here's my canvas:


I've been at that embossing paste again - the stencil is one by that special touch and I've used black dreamweaver embossing paste. The background was created with a colourwash of spiced marmalade distress stain overstamped with a script stamp that doesn't show up in these pictures. Then I did the embossing and whilst it dried I made the butterflies with bookscript on mouldable film from studio 490. I stamped the image from craft stamper magazine a while ago then cut out and added teadye DI. The butterflies were then heated and moulded and added to the now dry canvas. The embossing paste was then attacked with renaissance gilding wax - treasure gold - thats my shiny bit Hels.

I'd like to think this canvas is of the style of Brenda over at floral fantasies - so I'd like to enter this into her challenge - and also the following others:

Floral Fantasiesstamping-fantasies: 4000 followers competition
ABAC:anythingbutacard Spring
Crafting for all seasonscraftingforallseasons: Anything but a card
Pan Pastelpanpasteluk - Photo Inspiration
Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Shiny

Here's hoping you have a lovely day - and thanks for dropping by! Big Hugs!

Rachel x

20 comments:

  1. Well done to Lucy an Penny, such a lovely photo too.
    Your canvas is wonderful Rachel. I love the background colour. The embossed image and butterflies are gorgeous.
    I hope you have a good Monday
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piccie of the girls, and this canvas is wonderful, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, great achievement by your beautiful little girls!

    Your canvas is stunning Rachel, I love how the background colour really sets off the embossing so well (nearly bought that mask at the NEC, now wishing that I had!) and the film butterflies are a perfect addition - love that WV film, so much fun to use. A truly beautiful make! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas, loving those brights colours... congrats to your little ones too! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to the girls! They look proud and so they should! The canvas is fab , a great colour and love your butterflies! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous canvas Rachel, lovely rich colour.
    Congratulations to the girls - great photo.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughters are just too cute! Love your peace canvas, great textures and color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation Rachel, love the colours.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Rachel, the colours are superb and the vivid orange draws the eye right into the flowers.

    It's actually really inspired me to get back to a canvas I covered with gesso last week, but came to a standstill because I could't decide what to do next, but think the embossing paste will be having an outing sometime this week.

    Thanks so much for sharing another beautifully inspirational piece and joining my blog celebration again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is brilliant! Love the design and stunning colours x
    Congrats to your girlie's!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wee kidlets are so gorgeous Rachel and your canvas, well its just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations girls great achievments,fantastic canvas love the colour and image
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Rachel, big congratulations to your two lovely little ladies - so cute! The canvas - oh my - I need some of those goodies I love it! Am going to have a ferret to see what I have got to play with, still on an extremely tight budget £0, so I'm trying to use up old stuff or make do with what I've got!
    You will love Krafty Kate - she is an absolute joy to colour! I get to choose a new SC image soon too - yay!!! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a lovely bright canvas and I love those butterflies on the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous canvas Rachel, I love the embossed flowers!
    Congrats to your girlies too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous canvas piece! Love the colors and it reminds me to get out my embossing pastes and play some too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, I love the colours and the floral silhouette looks gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx
    P.S. such an adorable piccie of your girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you've done with the embossing paste here!
    Well done to your girls for their success too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your fabby canvas with the DT from PanPastel UK love the colours and the silhouette is great Thank you for sharing hugs TErry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous canvas Rachel and well done to the girls. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx