My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 31 March 2013

Craft-a-scene DT: Down on the Farm!

Hello there all - and a very Happy Easter to you! We've been having a fabulous family time - the gnome hunt at Rufford Old Hall was lots of fun yesterday - the girls really enjoyed themselves tearing around the garden lloking for gnomes. Then they enjoyed the Easter Egg they got for the prize. After a lovely lunch we then played a little gnome hoopla - then took the girls to a craft session - making Easter bonnets. Don't they look fab?







Photo: Easter bonnetsI think they enjoyed it .













Now onto my news - I 've been asked to join the DT at Craft-a-scene! I'm so thrilled - it really is a challenge for me - but its one I really want to do! I hope I don't let them down!

My first card is for their new challenge which starts today - its called 'down-on-farm'. The idea is to create a scene relating to the months theme - and see how you do!

Here's mine:


I've used stamps from Sheena douglass - they were the create a scene stamps that she did when she was at creative Expressions. This set is called Countryside I think. My brayer wasn't behaving but I used cut and dry foam and shabby shutters DI and some hill masks that I cut from paper to make the background. The tractor and wall were added in the foreground and the trees and cows were stamped in the background. Looking forward to creating my next one which will be for next Sunday.

I'd like to enter this card for:

Sunday Stamperpinkleart.: Nature
Panpastelpanpasteluk: Anything goes

I hope you have a truely wonderful Easter Sunday. I've got to set my girls off on their Easter Egg hunt at home - not sure what else the day will bring! Have fun yourselves and thanks for dropping by!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx













12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rachel, and your card is a gorgeous scene, lets hope summer comes soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, a wonderful card, love the images. And your 2 girls looked great in their Easter Bonnets
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Rachel! How wonderful for you, I am really pleased for you too. The girls look lovely in their Easter bonnets. Hope you are having more fun today. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIG congrats on your new DT place Rachel, it really is so well deserved. Your card is gorgeous, I love the scene and fabulous images.
    I'm glad the gnome hunt was fun, Penny and Lucy look so cute in the pretty Easter bonnets. They always smile so nicely for the camera!

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your wee girls are just adorable and love their Easter bonnets! Congrats on the new design team, your card is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, aren't they just the cutest? Sounds like you've had a great day! Huge congrats on your new DT....well deserved and that's a great card you've created too!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter your girls look so cute in there bonnets.Congrats on your new DT post you will do a wonderful job if today's card is anything to go by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous scene Rachel, congratulations on your new DT post.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls bonnets are smashing! Congratulations on the new team! You will do a great job for them! Love the scene you created for today's card! Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on joining the DT, fab card to kick off with. Love the girls bonnets too! Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Rachel, beautiful card, love the depth you've created to that fabulous scene. Congrats on your new DT position and thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning sweetie, what a beautiful scene and they are lucky to have you, congratulations. Your girls always look so sweet in your pictures, love their fabby easter bonnets. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx