My shining star

My shining star

Friday 29 March 2013

An easter tutorial and news of a show - see red at bottom of post!



Good morning all and a happy easter to you! I hope you all have a wonderful time doing whatever it is you'll be doing. If you've got some crafting time - stay tuned - I have a tutorial for you on how to make that card shape I showed you earlier on in the week. If you've forgotten - here's a new card I made from this tutorial card.



Okay - so the question is - how did I make the card shape? I followed the steps below:

1.This is the Marianne die I used
 2. And below is the part of the die needed. I cut a piece of folded card as wide as the die and placed the die at the top of the card as shown. You can make your card whatever length you want.
 3. Using the Grand calibur I added the die and card to the cutting plates but only the top portion that I wanted to cut - the bottom half of the die and the rest of the card remained sticking out of the cutting plates. Then I ran the die and card through.
 4. This is the result.
 5. At this point I cut the parts of the back of the card that weren't actually cut but were impressed enough to show the outline.
 6. Then, with the die repositioned on to the front of the card I added the unfolded card to the baseplate and put the embossing plate and mat above and ran it through the machine again. it would be a good idea to tape the die in position so that it doesn't move during embossing.
 7. Once I had done this I had to poke out all the little cut bits - but the whole die was now embossed.
 Here's the final card before I decorated it as above.

Hope that helps those of you that were wondering - I think its neat and will start looking at my dies differently now - so thanks so much to that lady in Manchester who was demonstrating this technique!

I'd like to enter my easter card into the following challenges:

Spring Card Makers Challengedocraftsblog: Do Crafts
Crafty Ribbonscraftyribbonschallenge: AG with ribbons
Simon Sayssimonsaysstampschallenge: Anything goes
Sisterhood of craftersthesisterhoodofcrafters: Easter/Spring

Thanks for visitng today and have yourselves a fabulous long weekend!

 Next weekend - 6th April to be precise - there's going to be a craft show in Doncaster. Crafty Sentiments will be there with all of their new releases - stamps, stamp sets and dies and the old ones too! The show takes place at Doncaster Deaf Academy on Leger Way - which is opposite the racecourse. The postcode is DN26AY for those of you with sat navs. The show is on from 10am until 3.30pm. Its a chance to get the new releases before they go on the website on the 10th April. and

Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx


16 comments:

  1. thank you thank you thank you :)
    great tutorial
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, yet again Rachel, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and beautiful die! Thanks for the easy tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Rachel and a wonderful tutorial.
    I hope you have a good day
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Easter card and a wonderful tutorial on how you made it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tutorial Rachel, resulting in a very beautiful card. Will definitely give this idea a go! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing Rachel, unfortunately haven't got a GC so can't make this! Still will try to get that die though and 'adapt' your tutorial to work with my CB!
    Hope you and the family have a really Happy Easter! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel and thanks for the awesome tutorial.

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Easter/Spring’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow hun,this is just amazing the detail is stunning great idea too love it hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel, gorgeous card, thank you for showing how you did it...what a good idea...Might just have a go with some of my dies now....Happy Easter. S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Rachel and great tutorial.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card wish i had a calibur si i could do it .xxxxx val

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card, Rachel. I have not been on line for about a week so trying to catch up today! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very beautiful creation hun!

    Thank you so very much for joining in with our Anything Goes With Ribbon Challenge over on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge Blog this fortnight - and Good Luck!

    Hugs.
    Karen - DT.xx

    http://kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress/500-follower-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Rachel, so elegant and pretty, I love how you've created the shape with the die.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx