My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 14 February 2013

Tims Tags of 2013: February



Good morning all - I hope you are well? I'm feeling much better today after the struggles of yesterday. The funeral went okay but I felt the words spoken by my dear friends son were very impersonal - so that was sad - but on a brighter note he did organise a lovely post funeral tea for people and I know Doris would have appreciated that.

Another thing that happened yesterday - I discovered I didn't have a place in the great north run through the ballot but I did manage to get a charity place - so I will be running for Asthma UK. I'll let you know when I set up a charity fundraising page in case any of you lovelies would like to support my charity. But don't worry - I won't bang on about it!

So onto today's offering - as its valentines day I thought I would post my Tims Tag of February - I didn't have all of his wonderful goodies but did have the main stamp so that was a bonus - I'll show his tag first - then mine and see what you think:


And here is my tag




So the bottom one shows jan and feb tags side by side - I saw Kath doing this on her blog and thought building them up was a cool idea - so thanks Kath!

Anyway - I made the backgound using aged Mahogany distress stain - then spritzed and flicked with water, dried and added festive berries. Once dry I stamped the image on the tag then twice on card and decoupaged up and coloured in. In the top carner I added the words - key to my heart - and a key and at the bottom I used a bottletop embossing folder on card and coloured with DI. I added the twine and the caged heart charm - to go with the key and the stamped XOXO letters. The ribbon has the words 'love you' stamped onto it. I must say I'm quite pleased with this one! Thanks Tim for the inspiration.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Tims Tags of 2013: timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013February
Whimsywhimsyinspires: Add some metal
kaboodledoodles: Valentine
Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Love and Hearts
Pan Pastel:panpasteluk Love and Romance
2sisterschallengeblog: Hearts

Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting. I'm off to my mums with the girls again today - see you soon mum!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. oh these are wonderful what a great creations
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tags love the distressed look.
    Well done on getting in to the great north run i no how hard it is to get in.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags Rachel you have done really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is wonderful Rachel. I really love the design and fabulous detailing.
    I hope you have a good day
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby do tag Rachel and if it was the same as Sir Tim's then it wouldn't be yours !!

    hugs Diane x


















    ReplyDelete
  6. fabby tag... loving the colour... congrats on your place in the race, go you! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning sweetie these are absolutely gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous tag Rachel, you always include so many lovely details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These tags are gorgeously creative.
    Happy Valentines Day
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, love all the little details. Good luck with the run !

    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little bird cage charm! Your tag turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tags thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk.

    Kerry DT leader

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the TH tags! Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they're both fabulous Rachel! hope you are having a happy valentine's day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tags , sorry missed your post yesterday..poor you.trace x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag Rachel, love it. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done RAchel on getting a place in the run! Love your take on Tim's Tag, it is really beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is wonderful and I can definitely see Tim's influence! Love the blueprint stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! These are really beautiful hun, I love the embossed panel at the bottom of the queen of hearts one and the colours on last months one are gorgeous too. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely tag thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx