My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 6 February 2013

DT Post for Creative Inspirations: sent with love

Good morning all - and welcome to my newest and oldest followers - its great having you along for the journey! I hope you're okay? I'm good although my run yesterday was hard work - I'm hoping that todays won't be quite so tricky!

This week's challenge at Creative Inspirations is  Sent with Love! So we're looking for Valentines/love themed creations.

This week's prize is from CEDAR CHEST DESIGNS which is a $10 GIFT CERTIFICATE!






Winners will receive a free $10.00 Gift Certificate to purchase anything
they would like from the online store.


I used an image of theirs with two gold fish on it - I loved it as soon as I saw it and knew it would be perfect for my husband - we are Fishers you see - which sounds the same as fishes - it works for me anyway!!!! Lol - the sentiment comes from the fact that my girls love their daddy to pretend to be Captain Hook and chase them around - and of course anybody who knows Peter Pan will recognise that 'codfish' is the term Peter uses to call Captain Hook. It all makes sense to me - honest xx



I used the sketch from sketch and stash 106 - i've used papers that have been in my stash for a long time! The image is coloured with promarkers and I used salty ocean DI around the edges of the X cut heart die. The sentiment was printed on the computer and cut using a spellbinders die. Under the pearls on the original image the bubbles are heart shaped but I really liked this look.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

audsentimentschallengeblog: Adult valentines
stampinfortheweekend add some metal - my heart charm
lexiscreations : Love/Valentines
songbirdchallenges: Hopelessly devoted to you
incywincydesigns: Love is in the air
tuesdaythrowdown: Heart Strings
inkychicks: Valentines.

Phew! Thats a lot of challenges!

Back tomorrow with a new release from Crafty Sentiments Designs. Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

30 comments:

  1. oh this is just gorgeous,so cute too hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Rachel. I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and the papers and details are brilliant
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabulous, cute card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Rachel, Shaun will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, love this Rachel. Great image, but love that sentiment.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Love the cheesecloth behind the image. It makes me think of flowing water that the fish are in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute !!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is cute Rachel, great for the Fishers too - love that. The sentiment is perfect and I love the fabric behind the picture too. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific Valentine for a Fisher! Cute, cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card Rachel! :)
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Love the sweet image and embellishments.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh naughty fish lol, love your card Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What cute fishy card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Hearts” Challenge!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun card Rachel, love the image and great design :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card love the fish image and the cheesecloth behind the image
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous fun card, I like the image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute, love the non traditional colours and the netting! thanks for linking up with us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the netting behind your fish. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the mesh behind your fish! Greatvidea trace x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Rachel, such a fun image and sentiment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That image is simply adorable! Thanks for entering our Heart Strings challenge. We look forward to seeing you again next week … x
    Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, this card makes me smile, looks fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
    Love, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card what a fun image thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have commented on your blog for Dream Valley. I would also like to thank you for sharing this adorable card with us at Songbird Challenge. Good luck
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Rachel - this is such a fun card and I can keep up with your thought processes too! With my DT 'hat' on, thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Love/Valentine" challenge.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is sooooooooo cute! Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your lovely valentine card.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Rachel,
    Brilliant card! Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
    ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx