My shining star

My shining star

Friday 22 February 2013

a canvas for my husband

Good morning all! Hope you are doing well? Well I've got something a little bit different to share with you today - its a small canvas that I have made for my husband for part of his wedding anniversary present - thats not until March 21st so as you can tell I'm getting prepared early!!! I just had to have the crafty individuals stamps that I've used on here - and the crowned rabbits of course! They're just wonderful.




The backgound was created using antique linen distress stain all over the background then I added the creative expressions clock face mask and added tea dye and wild honey to the canvas. Afterwards I used some Sheena Douglass stamps to create the words Live in the moment and the silhouette vegetation behind the ducks/geese. Finally I added the stamped geese and the crafty emblies dragonfly and also the heart plus the crafty individuals words onto the heart. Pretty simple but I just love it! I hope hubby will too!

I'd like to enter my mini canvas into the following challenges:

visibleimage: Love
tuesdaythrowdown - monochromatic
Crafty Embliescrafty-emblies: Wings
glitternsparklechallengeblog: ABAC
Sunday Stamperpinkleart: Man of the world
totallygorjuss: For your man
Crafty Individuals Feb Challengecraftyindividualsblog: For my friend

Another busy day beckons with some more mileage to get into these legs! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon!

Keep Crafting!

Hugs Rachel xx

32 comments:

  1. What a great make, sure he will love it! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning sweetie...

    This is a fabulous creations as always...

    I am loving the colours you chose...

    Have a great weekend Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Rachel, really love the words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to keep saying this Rachel....FABULOUS !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, what's not to love about this beautiful canvas. I love those two stamps sets too, they are just adorable and so is your canvas. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow This is stunning sweetie, I absolutely love it, gorgeous colours and fab image and layout, love the dragonfly too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Rachel. I really love the design and such a beautiful sentiment. I am sure hubby will love it too.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful canvas, Rachel it is really fab. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous Rachel - I'm sure he'll love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Love working with small bits of canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great canvas, love the colours you have used and the stamps are great, im sure your hubbie will love it.
    Thanks for joining our Altered Art Challenge at Crafty-Emblies.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab creation Rachel, gorgeous colours!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel, this is fantastic, and I am sure your Husband will treasure your wonderful creation.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful i'm sure your husband will love it . Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is very creative hun i think your hubby will be happy i love the saying that you have . Thanks for joining our Altered Art Challenge at Crafty-Emblies. Seema DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love your use of the time piece for the background and the geese are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work - great composition and colours. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful little piece of art. Love the colours and your hubby will be treasuring this.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it! those little duckies are just so cute, they came to live with me too :O) Bet your hubby is treasuring his little work of art... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really beautiful! Thanks for joining in our Crafty Emblies Challenge this month!
    hugs,
    Kim, Crafty Emblies Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving those ducks, its a fab canvas, such a great gift for your hubby, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great canvas Rachel, gorgeous background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really amazing!! I love your monochrome style and the images!! He'll really like this one I'm sure! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown! Hope you’ll join us again for the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous project! I'm sure your husband will just love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is fab, great canvas. I am sure your hubby will love it.

    Thanks so much for joining in with out Altered Art/Mixed Media 'Wings' Challenge over at Crafty Emblies.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Love it. The use of the clock was perfect. Your husband will love having something so lovely that you made for him. Thanks for joining the challenge with Crafty-Emblies!
    Jane - Crafty-Emblies DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great canvas ... Hope your hubby likes it too : )

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty-Emblies Challenge Blog

    Tina (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great creation, love the subtle colouring of the background which really make the geese pop, so glad you joined us at Crafty Individuals
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is great! Thank you for joining in with Crafty Emblies Altered Art "Wings" challenge!

    I am joining the Paper Craft DT on 3rd March!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is gorgeous and I am sure he will love it. TFS over at CE
    Elaine CEDT

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx