My shining star

My shining star

Monday 11 February 2013

A card for a friend

Hi there - hope you are well and rested after the weekend? We had a lazy Sunday - apart from the swimming - I managed 16 lengths so that wasn't too bad. It'll count as one of my exercise sessions this week as its half term so normality has left the building - I promise I will try to keep up with you all!

My card today is for a lady that I exercise with - well for her son to be precise - he's in his early 30's and into playing in a band and Liverpool Football Club - this card is my attempt to fuse the two together.



I hope she's going to like it -  its the first of two I said that I'd make for her - I'm wondering whether I should have included some stars - but hey - its done now and I like it! The image is called Johan and its by Mo Manning - I've used promarkers to colour the image and a spellbinders die to cut it out - tumbled glass DI inside the edges. The music backing paper is from Hunky Dory and the red and white paper is from Bazzil Basics. The Happy Birthday has been diecut - I bought it at Joanna Sheens online store. The lettering stamps are Claritystamp.

I'd like to enter Johan into the following challenges:

Passion for promarkerspromarkerchallenge - Boys and their Toys
DP2mosdigitalchallenge: Anything goes with Mo
Fat Pagesfatpageswithattitude: Anything goes
OSAATonestitchatatimechallenge: Anything goes


I'll be back again soon - kids permitting - with another card for my SALS team - they're having a facebook challenge - I'll tell you about that soon! Thanks for visiting.

Hugs

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. Another great card, well enjoy half term , ours is ext week although both my boys off poorly! Trace x hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous love the image Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, brilliant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Rachel. Such a great image and I love the papers.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you for bringing the two together so well Rachel !! Tha t boy image is fab and just right !! hus Diane xx

    PS Thanks so much for popping over and seeing Nicki !! Its hard to get going with a blog as you know !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image, wonderful colouring Rachel and the two elements work well together - I'm sure the receipient will love it. Have a fab week with your lovely girls Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image and the way you presented it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful image on your lovely card Rachel, it is perfect for a musician who is a Liverpool fan, nicely married together. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful birthday card for your friend's son. I'm sure he'll love it. Love the striped background paper and his striped shirt together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great male card - I love the image and your colour scheme!
    Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Male card,love the image and colours. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Rachel, I have this image - I'm going to make my eldest a card with it because it looks just like him when he goes to college.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card and fantastic image he will love it and love how you have matched the shirt and paper
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, love the image and the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card for a guy, Rachel! I really like the red and white striped paper! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous creation. The colours work well together and your colouring on the image is amazing.

    Many thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx