My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 10 February 2013

pennys craft box

Morning all! Well I'm feeling much brighter this morning - we all had a good day yesterday - in the morning I was helping out at the Wallace and Gromit teaparty arranged by guides/ brownies. I was on the craft stand and I got the litle ones making animal masks - it was great - not sure how much they raised but I think it was successful! We had a lazy afternoon in and then had our first family film night - now I can't remember which of you lovely ladies mentioned it - Lisa? Trace? but its such a fab idea so thankyou - we all watched Matilda and when the phone rang ignored it - super family time!

Talking of family - todays post is a little something I've made for my daughter Penny - her birthday is on the 20th Jo - sorry I didn't reply - but I have now! Its got a few bits and bobs in it that will help her in her own crafty journey - I'm already planning one for Lucy in August - I hope she's not too jealous of her litle sister getting one first......




I've coloured the bare box using dylusion sprays then added the die cut circle to the top and the housemouse decoupage - finally the lettering and the embellies - very simple but pretty and I think she'll love it. - there's cards, ribbon, stickers and papers in there. I think she'll enjoy herself.

I'd like to enter this box into the following challenges:

CC and CCchocolatecoffeecards: Hobbies
TPSthepapershelter: Alter something
ABACanythingbutacard: Share the love ( I'm sharing the love of crafting)
Housemousehousemouse-challenge: Anything goes with special cuts

I hope you have a great Sunday - we're swimming I think followed by lunch at ASDA - I know how to live don't I? Thanks for dropping by and for any comments you leave - I really do appreciate them all!

Hugs

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. a beautiful box, sure she will love it! have a great day! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby do box Rachel and what a smashing little gift !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Penny will be thrilled to receive this Rachel, it's gorgeous.
    I hope you have a good day
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching a good film, sounds like a great time and also making animal masks. This is a fab idea, she will love it. Re Copics, they are not much more that PMs, i have bought some for £2.15 and some for £2.30. Having to sell some PMs gradually to fund them though. Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for being such a loyal follower x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny will adore this, such a good idea I love it. Hope it wasn't big sister ringing from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning,Penny will treasure it for year to come I am sure.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful box Rachel, Penny is sure to love it and I am sure the girls will love having lunch at Asda too. Hope you have a fun day. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous box, love the way you have created the colour and super image of course :) thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sweetie, what a stunning creation, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she'll love it! Great idea and wonderful way to encourage creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, sounds like you had a fun time yesterday, you must have been exhausted! I love the box for Penny, and I'm sure she will love it too! What a brilliant idea and you have done a fantastic job decorating. Hugs, claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh sounds like you had fun,glad you are feeling brighter,this is just gorgeous hun love it hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovley present and so beautifully decorated, I am sure Penny will love it
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh bless shame missed the link as it is so beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gorgeous box Rachel and gorgeous image. I bet she loves it. My family nights are long gone now so make the most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats such a lovely gift hun - you are a very good Mum! I bet she'll love and treasure it. Love how you've coloured this so beautifully Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely idea to make a box like this, something I'm sure she will always treasure. Love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely present, I am sure she will love it. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant idea and box -hope you enjoyed your swimming
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute and such good idea for a little crafter to have her own stuff in it. It's lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter "Alter or fold" challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic project with great details! It's sure to be enjoyed. Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx