My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Love cats!

Good morning to you! I hope you are feeling well and happy - another blast of sunshine for us all yesterday it seems - wasn't it beautiful - and my run went well although we didn't do the distance intended as my friend had an injury. I'm running with a different lady today so I'll have to see how she is!!!

I've been playing around with some one layer CAS cards - and trying to do some simple masking - I've used two stamps from Little Claire - they had an offer on the swirly whirly stamps and I had to use them as soon as I got them. This is what I did:




I'm very pleased with the cat one even though I managed to move the mask and obscure part of the cat tail - but the owl one I'm less happy with - lets just say needs some work!!!!
I'd like to enter my lovecats card into the following challenges:

MAWTTmovingalongwiththetimes: Love is in the air.
totallypapercrafts: Pets
LIMsimplylessismoore: up in the air
littleclairesdesigns: Love and Romance
2 sisters2sisterschallengeblog: Love
That Craft Placethatcraftplaceblog Valentines

Its Penny's actual birthday today - she's off to school soon - but is very excited as everybody will sing to her in assembly - its a small village school but she really will beam I'm sure!!! We're having my mum and dad around for tea after school - so it should be a fun filled day!

Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you again soon! Big Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx

27 comments:

  1. They are both so lovely Rachel !! Just one comment on the owl one....stamp your owls first then mask them and then mask for moon and brayer or sponge over top perhaps.
    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right Diane - I can't imagine that I stamped after brayering but I must have - ooops ! Its my poor old brain not working right! Big Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Both super cards Rachel, great job with the masking! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great makes , lovethe images against the moon! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning sweetie these are fabulous creations, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great cards Rachel, do love the cats. See you later

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous cards Rachael, love them xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week♥.

    Hugs, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Penny......hope she has another fab, fun filled day....even is she is at school! Lovely cards Rachel, especially the cats!
    Big Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I love the design and beautiful images.
    Happy Birthday to Penny, I hope that she has a wonderful day.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Rachel, love them all especially the Cats.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards, especially the cats. So cute. Happy Birthday to Penny too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, I love both cards and cannot see anything wrong with the owl one at all, they are all so cute lined up on the branch. Hope you have a lovely time after school and this evening with the family.

    Unfortunately the building works will be going on for another 6 or 7 weeks so no respite until then, but it will be so worth it in the end! I do not recommend having underpinning done, the noise is horrendous! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think both your cards look fab but I am sucker for cats so would opt for that one! Great work on the techniques. Vee xx ps thanks for visiting my blog I think you got all my spooky ones! I did a nice one for LEJ yesterday too, lol. Anyway I wanted to say that re the drier sheets as I don't use them I got permission to use dried out wet wipes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I meant to say there is an "animal and or birds and or butterflies" on the monthly challenge at forever friends and there is a four legged friends on one of the promarker challenges. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great inking

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. both great cards I can't see anything wrong with the owls,great images,and masking -it's been freezing here today
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. they're both fab hun - but I do so love those cats - very cute and beautifully made Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both these stamps and keep at it with the masking... so frustrating when it moves. I cut my masks from Post-It notes... then they stick! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're lovely Rachel, I especially love the cat one but they're both fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic cards, love the doodling on the images!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute owls!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  22. you have been busy and love them all great doodles
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are lovely Rachel, those swirly whirly stamps are fab.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two great cards - love them both but especially the cat one.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards... Thanks for joining us at Totally papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really beautiful, love those gorgeous night sky's
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx