My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 26 February 2013

LOTV birthday competition

Morning all - well if you didn't already know there's a fabulous competition going on on the ideas to inspire site at LOTV to celebrate their 9th birthday - there's a button on my side bar that will take you there and let you know all the details! There's also a fabulous blog hop and on Saturday they'ver got things going on at the shop and also a virtual party online! For the competition  I guess you've got to be in it to win it - although the chances are remote - but its always worth a try - especially when it means making a card with one of the super cute images from LOTV!

Here's my card - I do love it to bits I have to say - not sure if the photographs do it justice!!!




Oh I did have fun putting this together! The stamped image is the mermaid that was released last year with the seahorse. its been coloured with promarkers and cut out. The paper behind is from a pad by Crafty Individuals - its an absolute dream of a pad - I just adore it. The flowers are WOC and the shells are from the beach!The charms are both from the Ribbon Girl and the circles were cut using spellbinders grand fancy circle dies. There's my new memory box die in their too for good measure! I do hope you like it - check that link out though - its well worth entering!!!

I'd like to enter my mermaid card into the following challenges:

LOTV ideastoinspire: Birthday Challenge
Cupcakecupcakecraftchallenges: Shaped cards
cutiepiechallenge: Pretty Pastels
IDIC:robynsfetishchallengeblog Ribbon or twine
comeandgetitchallenges: Playing in the water
panpasteluk: Happy Birthday
thesquirrelandthefoxl: Fairytale and Fantasy
Allsorts CBallsortschallenge: Animals
Polka Doodlespolkadoodle: Fantasy/fairytale
Jellypark:jellyparkchallenges Shaped cards

Hope you have a fabulous Tuesday - what are you up to? I'm running - then will be at my mums - we might get some crafting done! I really do need to stay at home and clean the house though!!! Nevermind!

Big Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx





31 comments:

  1. Wow Wow Wow, I adore this colours, image everything about it. Hope it is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Rachel, keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunner Rachel, so much to see on your beautiful card, love this one! Gorgeous colours and shape too. Not up to much at all today - the builders are back and working so fingers crossed there are no more hiccips! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Rachel. I love the image. The design with those gorgeous papers and fabulous details is just wonderful. Good luck with the challenge!
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Rachel! So pretty especially as I love all things seasidey and the card shape reminds me of a clam shell opening... Especially love the shells - what a great idea. Hope u win! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Lovely make hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your easel card looks fantastic Rachel! Love all the details and the real shells. You might want to enter this in the Fancy Folds challenge going on at Pattie's Creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is adorable, what a sweetie! Thank you for joining with the cutie pie pretty pastels challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its absolutely gorgeous Rachel, keeping everything crossed for you. I love the way you have embellished it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sweetie, this is just gorgeous....

    I love what you have done here, a really gorgeous creation...

    Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, fab image and I love your colours and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Come & Get It.
    Natx GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, Your card is gorgeous, I really do like circular cards the colour combo is super and I love the shells
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the little arrangement at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card- such lovely details! Thanks for playing along with Cupcake and our shaped card challenge,

    Rebecca x

    http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Rachel and I love your colouring and design. I agree with you about the paper, it looks very pretty. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel the colours are gorgeous. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely Rachel, fabulous embellishments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel, this card is stunning and beautiful. I love everything about it. Vee xx ps P4P has a round card challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous and so much eye candy! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card! Love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful Rachel and blue and yellow make a lovely colour combination.

    Thanks so much to sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card,thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake and good luck.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rachel, your card is just beautiful! I love the easel design, the pretty papers & colors, your sweet images, die cuts, & embellies! Thank you for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, what an amazing card! So many details to take in!!

    Thanks for joining in with The Cutie Pies this time.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful Rachel, love all the detail. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Animals challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! This is absolutely stunning sweetie, I love the shape and the layout, the image is gorgeous and the seahorse charm is beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Rachel, love this card with all the pretty details and the watery colours. A real beauty! Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week and hope to see you again soon
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous - love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, such fabulous detail and I love all your gorgeous embellishments. Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox for our Fairytales and Fantasy challenge this fortnight and good luck in the draw.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohhh lovely, looks awesome !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx