My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 23 February 2013

Luke's card

Good morning all - I hope you are both well and happy? We are all good and ready for a new day! I've got a parent help morning at school today and we will be putting together all sorts of things for my gardening club that I run - I managed to get a grant and we bought water butts and a new raised bed system and a three section composting unit  and some fruit trees. Me and two other mums managed to put the fruit trees in today and after this weekend we really will be ready to get going on the Spring gardening! woo hoo.

Todays card is for my nephew Luke who will be 10 next week - I've used a gruffies image - Lukes dad has a motorbike - or used to - and so I thought this would be quite appropriate!





I've followed a sketch from the Friday sketch challenge and coloured my image with promarkers.. I've added faux stitching around the edges for the house mouse challenge - hoping to get this linked up in time this week! The papers are a combination of papermania and the prima engraver pad. The die is a Crafty sentiments (Summer-Doily) crafty cutter - love that one - you'll be seeing more of that in the very near future! The happy birthday has been cut with dies from Joanna Sheen - can't remember the brand. the stamping of the name and numbers was done using claritystamp. Here's the sketch I followed.



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

fridaysketchchallenge: Sketch 37 - Christines sketch
housemouse-challenge: Love you sew much
songbirdchallenges: Age cards
craftingforallseasons: Dies and punches
DoCraftsdocraftsblog: Anything goes
Crafty Catzcraftycatzweeklychallenge: Dies and punches
cardcrafterscircle: Teddy Bears

Thankyou so much for dropping by and for leaving a comment if you can - I do love to read them! Big Hugs!

Rachel xx

25 comments:

  1. WOW this is great, I'm sure Luke will love it. Adore that new die

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card and how brilliant that you have an image that will resonate so well. You must remember to link it up as it will be a great entry. Vee xx good work on the garden, Rachel I am interested in small raised beds but seem so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great image lovely stitching and love your take on the sketch such a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image on your beautiful card is so, so cute and love the whole design of the card too, it really shows the image off to it's best advantage - I love it. Well done to Rachel on setting up the gardening club and how fantastic that you got a grant! Hope it wall goes well for you and your friends. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Rachel. I love the image, fabulous papers and the doily die looks fantastic.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun birthday card and a great image. I'm sure your nephew will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel great image & lovely SEWing details clever take on the chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing at HM & friends chall this wk.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you get your energy from hun and can I have some please? Lol! Gorgeous card and I bet he'll love it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Rachel :-) the image is very cute and the colours and layout are FAB :-) I am sure your nephew will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "boy" card. I love all of the personalization. I'm sure your nephew will treasure it!

    Thanks BEAR-y much for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card ,fantastic image and gorgeous papers love it all
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. He will love this card Rachel, what a great fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab image and great design, love those papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you card! Such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Rachel thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card for a boy!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Hugs
    ToM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab boys card Rachel, I love your Gruffies image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, fab card that image is so cute, love that doily too! thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac GDT

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fabulous! This really made me smile, I love the image and the papers and layout are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely fun card, great image coloured beautifully,
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card! I love the image!

    Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week! Good luck!

    Kerry Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super card, just love the image (reminds me when I used to go on the back of my husband's bike. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge, good luck. Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great card for your nephew. Thanks for sharing with us at CFAS.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic boys card! so cute and such great details
    thank you so much for playing along this time over at songbird challenges!
    hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card :) Thanks for joining the Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx