My shining star

My shining star

Monday 9 June 2014

masculine at clarity

Good morning lovelies - how are you today? I'm feeling good and am quite excited as I have my crafty ladies to visit today - it seems an absolute age since I've seen them - I hope they've got themselves braced for some inky fun - lol!!!!!

Today I want to show you my entry for this months clarity challenge - the theme is masculine and I've made a card for my bil who's birthday is in July. He's a keen cyclist and cycles a lot in the mountains near austria - he lives in Germany.


to make this card I've used 4 clarity stamps and two clarity masks - I also used adirondack inks and also distress inks and applied them with a brush.


I started by stamping the sport word with versamark and adding black wow powders then heat setting. Next I did the same for the cyclist. Then I built up the mountains in the background using antique linen DI and a brush and clarity mask. I wanted to get the feel of the mountains. Finally I built up the sky using a clarity mask and first cloudy blue followed by faded jeans. Must get some of the clarity brushes - mine are quite old brushes and they shed bristles verily!!!! 

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Clarityclaritystampchallenge: Masculine
Pan pastel:one-for-boys

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon! Big Hugs rachel xx


25 comments:

  1. Fab card Rachel and very on trend with the Tour starting in the UK shortly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Rachel. I love the background you have created and the whole design looks so effective.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card,love the stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Rachel, love how you have created the mountains, well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation sweetie, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Rachel, I love the mountains in the background. I'm sure BIL is going to love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, I'm sure it will be well loved. You will adore the brushes. Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous make Rachel, love it!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. Love the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely card, I am sure your bil will love it to bits. Must admit I am envious of him cycling in the mountains - not that you would catch me on a bicycle!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background is amazing and I love, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background and loving the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a brilliant card Rachel, I love the background you have created for your fabulous stamp.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great male card Rachel and I am sure that your bil will be really pleased to receive it.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Rachel. Great background and a great stamp to use. hope you and your friends have a great crafty time together
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab card Rachel with a great design
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is fantastic Rachel, I love the way you have made the clouds and the cyclist and balloons are incredible! Hope you had a lovely time with the ladies. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card Rachel, love your inky background :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a great masculine card Rachel (my mother had the same beautiful name!!) I really love the landscape !!and of course the great sports stamp!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a little piece of art Rachel, I've seen Barbara do it but never had a go myself. Hard to believe you can get so much dimension with just a bit of ink. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning card love the word with the cyclist image in the O -fantastic mountain range and love the hot air balloon image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card, thank you for entering it into the Claritystamp Challenge and good luck.
    The brushes are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Rachel. I'm sure your BIL will love it. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what a fabulous masculine card, just perfect for our challenge. I love your background and the combination of Clarity stamps. Have a great week....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx