My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 29 June 2014

Angels at the Christmas Card Club

Hello Lovelies! How are you today? Good I hope! Well I had a fabulous day at Clarity Cumbria yesterday but more of that tomorrow when I'll show you what we made - it really was a fabulous day though and I highly recommend it to anyone!

Its a very special Lady from the Christmas Card Clubs Birthday today - so Happy Birthday to you Karen - I really hope you have a wonderful day and get thoroughly spoiled! Talking of the Christmas card Club - its time for another make and this time our theme is Angels - well I had many ideas for this one mostly involving LOTV stamps of which I have three suitable contenders - however, at the last minute my hand wandered into my crafty individuals draw and pulled out the stamps on this card:


Such a beautiful image - i do love this one and that Christmas background is making another appearance. Here's a closer view of the angel.


I think I need to use versafine next time I stamp it. 

When I was in the crafty individuals draw in my attic I also came across a pad of paper so I made a second 'cheats' card - this is also along the theme of angels - just a bit of glue and it was good to go! Lol!


Its a great page - and I think makes a great card - no sentiment required!

I'd like to enter the first card into the following challenges:

SSSwedsimonsaysstampblog - AG
Fab n funkyfabnfunkychallenges - Christmas

Hope you have a great Sunday - we have the staging rehersal for the girls dancing show next weekend. Thats after my run this morning - it should be an 8 miler - not sure how thats going to go down but I'll try my best!!!

Big hugs to you and thanks for visiting!

Rachel x







37 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, great image and design.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks so smart in the monochromatic colours Rachel.

    Happy Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I image on your first card is stunning.
    I hope your run goes okay and enjoy the rest of the day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rachel. One of my favourite stamps. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Enjoy your day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Rachel, I love the simplicity of your design - it doesn't need anything else at all. Gorgeous.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards Rachel, gorgeous images.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamp and I love the design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stamped Angel card is beautiful - and what a great idea to make the lovely page into a card! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel, this is fabulous. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Rachel, glad you enjoyed your Clarity day, looking forward to seeing your creation :)
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card for the challenge Rachel its really gorgeous huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun to have two cards to view!
    The stamped angel image is lovely. I can see why you wanted to get inky with this one. Wonderful card.

    What fun the second is...all those little images on the pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel, love your card and the mono colours, lovely image and the background print paper is fab, have a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachael
    Fabulous card... Love the angel pickies makes a stunning card.... Both gorgeous
    Hugs Sylvie dd

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your mono card Rachel. Also the angels .

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great cards Rachel, do love the stamp you've used on the first. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely stamp Rachel. Great cards, both of them. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two beautiful creations Rachel, I particularly like the black/white card, it's so pretty, such a nice stamp.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful theme this fortnight and I adore what you made, such a lovely stamp that! The other card is very effective too, even if it was quick, it still looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clever you to make a card from one of the pages from their image books.
    The other card is also so lovely.
    I am starting to see many Christmas related posts, maybe this is the universe telling me I need to start NOW on my Christmas cards/tags/gifts!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love black and white, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rachel, what a lovely vintage look on your black & white card. That graphic holiday background was wonderful with the lovely LOTV image. Liked #2 as well, and that reminded me I have some G45 paper with the small angel heads on it...completely forgotten! Two beautiful cards, and TFS. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow I really love this black and white card, so vintage like and just gorgeous. ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two great cards Rachel. Really love the first card, very vintage and stunning in black and white.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the monochrome effect on your card...really stylish....and a lovely image and background......xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE those stunning little vintage angel. Great idea putting them together like that ... very original and beautiful, Rachel. Have a lovely week!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two fantastic cards Rachel! The first is beautiful & the paper on the second one is just adorable! If it works why not!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the b&w angel card - great design - and you're right about that second one - the papers are beautiful just as they are.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such great cards

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two fabulous cards Rachel the stamp is gorgeous and the papers on the second stunning too. Apologies for being so late to comment Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cards Rachel - great use of the lovely angel(s). Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card for the CCC challenge, Rachel. Thanks also for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both your cards Rachel, very pretty! The monochrome card is very stylish and the 'cheat's version' is adorably vintage. Thank you for playing along with us @ Fab 'n Funky, we hope to see you back again real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely cards ! Sorry I'm late in commenting. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx