My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 14 June 2014

Penguins at the Christmas card Club

Good morning lovelies - how are you today? I hope you are well and happy. Did you have a good day yesterday? I had a great one - a personal training session followed by a half mile swim, gardening club then a bit of housework before picking the girls up from school. They did Jujitsu in the evening and I managed to wrap plenty of things for the lucky dip - its the school fair next weekend - its come around so quick! And today ..... well I'm hoping its going to be a quiet one - I'll be doing the Moonlight walk tonight - 25km starting at 10pm! I must be mad! Wish me luck!

Today my post for the Christmas card Club is one day early - but I thought it was better today than two posts tomorrow! The theme this fortnight is penguins - now I love penguins - and was thinking about that lovely delicious doodles image - but I couldn't find it - anyway, after searching my stamps I managed to find a wild rose studio stamp and this is the card I made:


I did have fun making the inky background for my card using a snowflake stamp from the front cover of an old craft stamper magazine and versamark plus clear embossing powder. Then I set to work with distress inks.


The image was coloured with spectrum noirs and then I added fine crystal glitter and cut with a spellbinders die.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Penny'spennyschallenges: AG

Thanks for dropping in today and for any comments you choose to leave! I hope you have a great Saturday and I hope to see you again soon!

Hugs

Rachel xx





32 comments:

  1. Adorable card Rachel, love the penguin and the glitter! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachel, what a super sparkly penquin !! I've got Christmas Club this morning at my craft centre !!

    Hope you all have a fab weekend sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goegeous card Rachel, such a cute penguin, good luck with the moonlit walk tonight, hope it stays dry for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy girl you are, good luck with the walk. Cute penguin, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rachel. adorble image and I love the sparkle
    Good luck with the Moonlight walk tonight, fingers crossed the weather stays fine for you.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Rachel. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rachel,
    Love that cute image.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not going to say you are mad, but you certainly are a bundle of energy! Hope the walk goes well. Love, love, love the penguin! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly Rachel, good luck with your walk, I hope it stays dry. And secondly your card is gorgeous. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Rachel, where do you get your energy from, it's amazing what you pack in in a day, good luck with your walk tonight.
    Lovely card, gorgeous image and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your penguin is just as cute as can be. Love his glittery body.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to go and lie down in a dark room just reading about all your activities! Gorgeous penguin . I opted for using an old Christmas card for mine. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Rachel, I do love penguins.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute - love that touch of shimmer!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous card Rachel, I love your adorable penguin.
    I hope the walk went well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah isn't he just too cute? Great card Rachel. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute penguin Rachel huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute Rachel and perfect for the challenge. Love all the glitter and sparkle. Hope your walk went well. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Rachel like all the sparkle. Hope you walk was successful. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh he is sweet Rachel! I love how the glitter shows up on your card as well, never does on mine. Such a beautiful creation.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling card for Carol's CCC challenge - and thanks for sharing for CHNC challenge extra for June - hope to see you there again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute and just an adorable image, great for wintertime cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eeeeek! He's just tooooo cute, Rachel! An adorable Christmas card. Have a great week ahead!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. thats a really cute image Rachel.....lovely card xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your glittery penguin, a fab card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you glittered the penguin. Hope your moonlight walk was successful - it sounds a very long way to me! Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for June.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card - love the glitter on the penguin.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me again! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx