My shining star

My shining star

Monday 16 June 2014

Red at the artistic stamper

Hello Lovelies - well thanks for all of your well wishes for the moonlight walk - I managed the 25km in 4 hours and 9 minutes - and ached all of Sunday!!!! Raised a little money for the St Johns Hospice - this is the same charity I will be running the Great North run for in September. Here's me and my friend Emma at the start of the walk:



We weren't smiling quite the same 4 hours later but we finished it in good spirits! I definitely paid for it on Sunday though ..... I hope todays run goes okay lol!!! I think maybe at this point you will be thinking I'm a bit of a nut case - but believe me I'm not as crazy as Emma - would you believe she cycled 75 miles on Saturday before doing the walk in the evening? And then she was having to leave the house at 10am on Sunday - as she was teaching the sunday school lesson. Now thats pushing it!!!

I want to share my card for the artistic stamper challenge this month - the theme is all about the colour red and I've used some artisic stamper stamps to make this card:


I used distress stains and inks and the flick and spritz technique to create the background. I also used the garden greens die fromTH so this card has a strong TH influence. The background stamps are from a plate called insects and butterflies from Artistic stamper. 


The words are also from the Artistic stamper - I found some great stamps at the last show I went to. The flowers I made using the tonic cornflower die. I did have another picture but blogger keeps crashing so I'll leave it here for now!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Artistic stampertheartisticstampercreativeteam: colour it red
AVJvintagejourney: Wings and things
my mums craft shopmymumscraftshop: ink it up

I hope you have a good Monday and I thankyou for visiting me today. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hugs

Rachel xx














28 comments:

  1. You did so well on the walk, well done you and a fab card today too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Rachel and Emma. Hope your feeling less achey this morning. Fabulous creation , love the shades of red too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Rachel. I love the design and wonderful colours.
    Well done on doing the walk. I don't think you are mad at all, I really admire you.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Rachel, I am well aware of the commitment this takes and admire you.

    You pretty card seems to match the mood of the photo very well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your walk Rachel....Your card is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Rachel well done you and your mate !! I admire you both.....

    Smashing card sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fab card Rachel! Wonderful pic of you and your friend - well done! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on doing so well in the walk. I'd need to sleep for a week if I did anything like that LOL! Gorgeous card too, almost matches the outfits in your photo :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are two remarkable ladies, that's all I can say! Well done to both of you.
    Your card is beautiful, love the red and the beautiful butterflies. Thanks for joining in our Wings & Things Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Rachel, gorgeous red and butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to you both.....hope you're feeling well today! Gorgeous card Rachel, pretty flowers!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on your walk for such a good cause, I hope the aches are a bit less today. Your card is beautiful. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done walking all that way, and at night too. Gorgeous card, I love the black and the red together.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done completing your walk Rachel, I hope you've fully recovered today.
    Fabulous card, I love the black and red combination - very striking.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations for completing the walk, I wonder what you and Emma looked like then!!
    Beautiful card Rachel, fab colours and all that blending is fab, love the butterflies too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous, love the background. Congratulations to you and Emma for completing the walk.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to you both on completing the walk and great card love the colour
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rachel, well done on the walk! And good luck with the Great North Run, I have a friend who is doing it for the first time this year, I am so proud of her and to all the runners and walkers who raise so much needed money for such amazing causes. Well done!
    Love the card Rachel, I always find it difficult to use red, I love what you have created and love the words too.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks great Rachel and a great colour. Great pic of you and your friend too
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh such gorgeous colours, a beautiful card Rachel! Love the photo of you and your friend... well done on the walk :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations and wonderful way to earn 'soreness'! Love your card, always happy to see red!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your endeavors...I was worn out just reading all the distances and work you had accomplished. Cute pic of you & your buddy. Good for you at donating to this so very worthwhile cause. Loved the card, It is gorgeous in these colors (thought at first was alchol inks). The dark leaves against that fab background made such a beautiful card. TFS & I hope you've gotten rested up by now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely ladies your smiles are gorgeous as is the card, great marks on the walk.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card Rachel. Love the colour tones and all the detail. Well done on completing the walk.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great piece Rachel - loving the red and of course the winged things!! Congrats on finishing the Moonlight Walk. That is also something to be proud of as is your lovely art work. Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done on your endeavours Rachel. Most impressive. I love your card too. A really great distressed background. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! This is such a gorgeous card! I thought I'd visit... you are one very talented lady and you have a new follower ;) Have a nice day! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Huge congrats on the run for such a worthy cause. And what a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Artistic Stamper and for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx