My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 28 June 2014

In the garden at WOW challenge

Good morning lovelies - well today I have a lovely treat - I'm off to Clarity Cumbria for a days workshop with Jo Rice. I'm hoping to post my makes on Monday - I say hoping - as long as time allows.

My lovely Lucy came home yesterday afternoon - full of tales of games and good food, fun and friendship. Sounds great! A big thanks to all concerned for organising such a fun few days.

Onto today - I have a little sign I've made to share with you - but first here's something from my garden - my first ever dahlias - cut and sitting in a vase in my kitchen - I'm well chuffed with them! There's a few of Penny's giant sweet peas in here too!

Photo: my first ever dahlias. well chuffed!

Okay - time to see my make for today - to make it I used a sign from thatcraftplace and painted it with silkies from Imagination Crafts. I then used an Imagination Crafts stencil and more silkies to add the daisies. Whilst this was drying I made the heart - to make this I heated some UTEE in a meltpot and added some rudolph red wow powders - I was quite surprised to find it going pinky white - anyway - then I added some tropic red cosmic shimmer powder which made it a deeper pink. Once melted I poured this into a WOW powders mould - its a gorgeous mould and you will be seeing much more of it. Then I left it to set - just a few minutes - and added it to my sign. Finally I added the lettering.



I'd like to enter this into the Gardens challenge over at wowembossingpowder this month.

Hope you have a great Saturday and looking forward to catching up with your makes when I get home!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx








24 comments:

  1. Good morning Rachel,
    Got the picture of your STUNNING flowers, the are awesome, love them.
    Nothing else crafty but man those knives look dangerous!!!!
    Will pop back later
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops don't know where that went - it should be there now! hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Rachel your flowers are gorgeous but I can't see your project?? Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops susan - must have deleted it - what a wally! its there now! Hugs x

      Delete
  3. Hi Rachel, wow your dahlia's are so pretty, doesn't it make you feel good inside when our flowers bloom....also love your gorgeous sign...a fab idea to add to your garden...awesome project idea. ♥aNNie xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Rachel the dahlias are gorgeous, no flowers on your dads yet, the garden sign is brilliant, love the heart. Enjoy your day out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers and good to hear Lucy enjoyed her adventure-enjoy your workshop and love your sign great colours
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great plaque Rachel. And your dahlias are really beautiful and very early, ours are ages away still.

    Happy weekend to you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Lucy had a good time.
    Your flowers are gorgeous and your sign is beautiful too.
    Have a fabulous weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dahlias Rachel, they are so beautiful and the heart on your plaque is gorgeous. Hope you enjoy the class. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Rachel and hope you have a fantastic time.
    x catheirne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Rachel,enjoy your workshop.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dahlias are fabulous - and I can see why you love your garden - great plaque!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers and your sign is brilliant. Hope you have had fun at the workshop. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel, I hope you had a fabulous day. Your sign is gorgeous and loving the heart.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning dahlias Rachel and I love the scent of sweet peas too. Great garden plaque. Love the colours and design

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel, what gorgeous flowers, and your sign is fabulous, love the heart, hope your day was good, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sign looks fab Rachel, love that pretty heart :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Dalias and sweet peas, and a lovely painted sign too. Hope you enjoy your day with Jo. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your gorgeous flowers and wonderful sign Rachel.
    Sorry I haven't visited for a while, I've been rather poorly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, such gorgeous dahlias and such rich color! Sweet peas are the perfect accent!! Great sign for your garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just remembered I had not seen your project.
    Glad I popped back, I love your sign.
    I have that mould but only used Air Dry Clay in it.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous project Rachel. Love the colours and design and the large heart is gorgeous. Lovely flowers too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project Rachel! I love the design!
    The flowers are awesome! We used to grow a lot of flowers & veg in my parent garden & Sweet Peas were my dads speciality!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx