My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 26 June 2014

add gems or beads at Lavinia

Morning lovelies! Its so nice to have blogger back to normal isn't it! Well hopefully you've got it back to normal - no excuses now for me for not visiting though lol!!!!

Today I have a quick card to share with you that I've made for the Lavinia challenge. I had one of their 6x6 cards that came in a pack of stamps and it came in useful this week as I seem to have very little time - also I'm currently in the throngs of TV sample making so thats taking up most of the available crafting time. Anyway, having this card meant I was able to produce a card very quickly to the theme of the current Lavinia challenge. Here's my card:


I used several stamps - all Lavinia and simply overstamped onto the card.


Then I added some pearls and gems...


And mounted it onto a card - about 5 mins this one took! And I think its lovely!!

I'd like to enter this into the laviniastamps challenge-6-add-some-beads-or-gems

Before I go I'd just like to thank you all for your lovely comments and wishes for my mums birthday. She had a lovely day and liked all of her goodies! Here she is at the pub we went to for lunch .


she looks a bit surprised - perhaps it was when the bill arrived - lol !

Big hugs and thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again soon.

Rachel xx


28 comments:

  1. Fab make Rachel and great use of those stamps! Good luck with the challenge! Lovely photo of your mum too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Rachel,
    Great card, I have some of these stamps. ..... still in their packet!!!
    Seeing your creation has given me a bit of a push to get them out and use them.
    A very happy looking mum, glad she had a good birthday
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a 5 minute wonder Rachel, love the subtle lilac colours. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cute card, reminds me of Watership Down

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Rachel,lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning Rachel, l love the way you have used those gorgeous stamps.
    A beautiful photo of your mum, I am pleased she had a good birthday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rachel, I do love the lavinia stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely Rachel !! Everything works so well together, amazing it was a quick card !!

    Mum looks lovely too and glad to hear she had a fab day !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet and pretty. The stamps used look wonderful and the jewel scattered sentiment looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Rachel, I can't believe it only took 5 minutes! Lovely pic of your Mum, happy belated wishes to her! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Rachel, it looks like it took longer than 5 minutes. It looks like your mum was enjoying her birthday, glad she had a good one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, just love this card! The Lavinia stamps are beautiful aren't they :) Glad your mum had a great birthday and so lovely to see a photo of her, even if she does look a little surprised Lol.
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Rachel. Love all the stamps you have used and the addition of the pearls. Glad your Mum had a good birthday.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks really effective and a such a fast card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Rachel. Great picture of your Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and love all the images-great pic of your Mum
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is a real beauty Rachel, I love the pearls you added, they give the card a real sense of class and elegance! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Rachel and lovely picture of your mum too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Rachel, love all the bling, and the silhouette image is gorgeous.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. so cute card Rachel with a fab design
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute, cute and happy belated birthday to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rachel glad your mum enjoyed her birthday. A great card too. Having 5minutes before I attack another lone girls room. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful csrd Rachel, wonderful images and love the pearls too.
    Your mum looks lovely, glad she had a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Rachel, thank you for sharing and joining in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge. Good luck! Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Rachel, I just love Lavinia stamps, you can make some beautiful little scenes with them and this is just gorgeous, love the addition of the gems and pearls. Such a lovely happy photo of your Mum on her birthday.
    Big Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a magical card - the sparkly gems really work so well with the delicate stamps. Belated happy birthday to your mum!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps Challenge, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx