My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 10 June 2014

coffee pot and get some texture at A Vintage Journey

Good morning lovelies! How are you today? I had a busy one yesterday - coffee pot in the morning then two meetings in the evening - its no wonder I'm always chasing my tail? As I said to my mum 'I'm just the girl who can't say no!' Its an old song for those of you out there that are too young to remember it!!! Well I'm jolly well going to have to embrace the word I think!!!!!

Anyway first of all my piece for the challenge 'get some texture' at A vintage Journey.


This was made starting with TH distress paints swooshed onto my craft mat, water added and a tag some card swoosed through and then dried and DI added for the background. Next I stamped the text - a TH stamp - in sepia archival and then added some cosmic shimmer texture paste through a TH layering stencil.


Next I added the lace and the photograph from a TH paper pad and then set about altering the surface of the TH numbers by adding distress paints.


Here's the numbers close up - no real significance I'm afraid - just the numbers I had left!!! I added the faux tea roses too!

I'd like to enter this into the get-some-texture challenge at A Vintage Journey.

Now onto coffee pot - here my ladies are getting messy:


We were using chocolate baroque stamps, distress inks and making one layer cards by masking. Here's two of mine (green plus purple) plus a lady called Catherines'. They all made great attempts at this and the results were fabulous - Catherine was just a little quicker then the rest.


I would like to enter this card into the one layer card over at allsortschallenge-one-layer-cards.

Finally I wanted to show you all the lovely handmade cards I was lucky enough to receive for my birthday - thankyou to mum, rebecca, jo, sue, karen, Natalie, Linda, Anne, Sue, Jennifer, Mags, Hazel, Penny and Lucy! They're all wonderful cards from such lovely people!!! There's also a mahoosive tryptych in there from Jo and rebecca - can't wait to have a play with that and a really big thankyou!!!!


Hope you have a great Tuesday - I'm swimming this morning then I'll be off to my mums and we're finishing off another sheena card today. 

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. What pretty cards Rachel, I must have a go at one layer. Love your tag too, completely different. Hope you didn't get too wet on Saturday.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Rachel,
    Love your wonderful "tag" everything about it is stunning.
    Great cards from your all your friends, you lucky lady
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel what a gorgeous tag. Love the vintage photo and all the texture on it. Looks like the ladies are having fun! Some gorgeous cards too! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is stunning Rachel. I love the colours and wonderful textures.
    The butterfly cards are gorgeous too.
    You received such a beautiful selection of cards for your Birthday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag today Rachel and the cards you made with the ladies group are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture you created on your beautiful tag and the roses look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    You certainly got a lot of beautiful cards Rachel, Penny and Lucy's are just lovely (chip off the old block!). The cards you made with your ladies are really lovely too. You really are a busy bee! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag Rachel, the photo, lace and the vintage colours look fab together, The cards the ladies made are gorgeous, as the saying goes, 'less is more' and this really works on the cards, beautiful colours too. So pleased you liked your birthday card Hun and that you had a fabulous birthday.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Rachel, and a lovely collection of cards you received from your friends. Your ladies look as though they are really enjoying themselves too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing better than a good inky session Rachel and what stunning pieces, especially love the set of three.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag and the cards look fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag Rachel and loving the dimension you have created. Beautiful array of cards you received too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous tag Rachel, gorgeous colours.
    What a wonderful selection of cards your received as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh Rachel ,where do you find the time. I'm stuck in a rut I think at the moment and cannot seem to get out. Your cards are wonderful and I'm glad you had a nice day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooo Rachel you're from Oklahoma lol-love all the texture on the tag and love the beautiful cards one layer cards love the butterflies
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachel you seem to be as busy as me he he :) and I love your vintage tag.. I can never do vintage no matter how hard I try. .. Belated birthday wishes from me. Hope you had a lovely day and love all those beautiful cards you received. Lucky girl you are :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing tag, love the color! Looks like a productive day and great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, so many lovely details... hope you had a wonderful birthday hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts this week Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them! I must try to make time to try this technique as I am seeing it a lot in blogland right now - but it will depend on how clean I can manage to keep me mitts clean/ish when inking the card lol! The stamps are stunning too - and I am in quandary over which stamp set to get from CB too! There are just so many beautiful ones Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say the tag is beautiful too - love the warm colour and the texture look fab! xx

      Delete
  20. Another fab tag... with such great layers in the background. The shimmery texture is really cool! Lovely cards from all around - belated birthday wishes to you... and thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that tag Rachel! Adding the texture paste and those altered numbers has really brought it to life - you just need someone to celebrate a 60th birthday now!!! I'm glad to hear you were spoiled rotten on your birthday too. Belated wishes. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your work is gorgeous Rachel, thankyou for taking the time to join in with my Challenge at Allsorts this week. The one layer card designs are beautiful! you sound like a busy lady! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx