My shining star

My shining star

Monday 2 June 2014

Sheena make 3 and 4 plus candy winner

Good morning lovelies! How are you today? I hope you are well and good! Did you enjoy the weather yesterday? I hope so! We had a lovely time at Fell Foot Park on Windermere. Walking, climbing, icecream eating and a little trip by shaun and the girls in a boat! Lovely! Lucy is back on Windermere today on a school trip - I think she's going to need her waterproofs - lol!!!!

Lets get the house keeping done first - I had a candy running that finished yesterday - I had 36 comments - I kept each one despite some not being valid - I thought I would deal with that if Mr Random came up with an invalid one - but he didn't - he came up with no. 26 - and thats you

Dawn Lancaster
I was very pleased with this one as I won a fantastic candy from Dawn a little while ago and while this is only something small its still nice to know I'm giving a little back!!! Dawn I think I have your address so will get it sent off to you!

Now - for todays cards - 2 more from the Sheena DVD:


I enjoyed this one which used the arches stamp which was done in black soot distress ink and then water and a paint brush used to draw the black into grey.


This second one involved using glycerine to cover the background before using distress inks. It did help with the blending but I felt this was at the expense of the colour intensity - I'm not sure whether or not I will do it myself again!

Thats all for today folks!

Thanks for visiting and i hope to see you again soon!

Hugs 

Rachel xx






24 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous makes Rachel,I too tried the Glycerine, and must agree you do lose the colour intensity.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties Rachel.

    Hope your week is a good one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, hope it stays fine for Lucy. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards today Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Rachel, hope Lucy has a lovely time!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Rachel, I'm enjoying seeing your new techniques, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Rachel, I love the designs and wonderful colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Rachel, I especially like the black and white one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Rachel, I especially love the colours on the bottom one but they are both fantastic. It sounds like you had a great Sunday :) Congratulations on winning over at Chocolate Baroque. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel, sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday, you're so lucky to be so close to the Lakes.
    Two beautiful cards, quite different, I love the Arches image and the beautiful embossed flower, I think I like it the better of the two, but the colours on the second one are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these cards look so cool. Love seeing what techniques you've used. I haven't tried glycerin before and it's peeked my interest :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous Rachel, I have to agree with you about the Glycerine muting the colours when blending.
    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh Rachel, I'm so excited to have won your candy! Thanks so much! I'll look forward to getting my happy mail!
    I love your two cards, so different but both beautiful!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. More fabulous cards Rachel. Great colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO late! The first card is stunning Rachel. Perhaps it is the photography on the second but I think the colours are wonderfully vibrant and I do love the pattern you created. Great work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of colors on both of your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel, two wonderful cards, just love them Pleased you had a fab weekend. I'd just like to say well done to Dawn for winning your candy !! hope she enjoys using them.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two fabulous cards Rachel, I love the colours on the second one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab designs, they're both gorgeous Rachel :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two awesome cards. I'm especially entranced with #1...that should be framed & displayed. A work of art. Congrats to your candy winner also. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning from Dalyan, Turkey,
    Rachel, your cards are both fantastic, love them.
    Have a great day
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two beautiful cards love the gold embossing and background and great colour on the second-sounds like you all enjoyed your day--and apparently Rosie the Riveter was the image used on a world war 2poster for women working :)
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx