My shining star

My shining star

Friday 20 June 2014

Tag it at Crafty Individuals

Morning all! Phew - well I'm glad thats mad Thursday out of the way for another week although it was even madder than usual yesterday as I had to go to a guiding meeting last night - I don't know when I'm supposed to craft - lol xx

The theme at Crafty Individuals this month is tag it  - now those of you who visit regularly will know how much I adore Crafty Individuals stamps and I was fortunate enough to win on their April challenge - so my entry for the june challenge involves the stamp I chose as my prize. Here's what I did:


I made the tag first - its a size 8 manilla tag that I have coloured with distress inks (mustard seed and tea dye mainly) then put it through an embossing folder (Darice) and rubbed staz on Over the top to bring out the pattern.


Next I did the main stamping - the chickens - I stamped with momento after first adding antique linen distress ink to the card I was stamping on. Then I used spectrum noir pens to colour the birds and the eggs.


Finally I created the bagground using scattered straw and antique linen distress inks and spritz and flick technique. Then I used elements of the build a meadow set to randomly stamp in archival sepia ink.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Individualscraftyindividualsblog: Tag it
Fashionable Stamping Challenges:fashionablestampingchallenges Birds and bees

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

23 comments:

  1. Good Rachel,
    Love your card, everything ties together brilliantly.
    The chickens, the background and the chicken wire are just perfect.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super card love the image and the colour just beautiful
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the image, fabulous background design and beautiful colours too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Rachel, so bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Rachel, I love the image you picked as your prize. Such a great background too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Rachel, fab colours and so much attention to detail.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card & love the gorgeous image too.my 101 year old dad would love this card and the chookies on it......aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Rachel, love the tag and fabulous colours. Great stamps too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and gorgeous design in your background! I also love the colors you have used and this focal stamped image, so beautiful. Thank you for joining in at the Crafty Individuals challenge this month. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel what a fantastic card, great design and those chicken are lovely. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and tag Rachel, your image is wonderful, love the chickens and your inked and stamped background is terrific, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Rachel, I love the chickens.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel, this is a wonderful card you created with such a strong focal.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and the chicken wire background is perfect for the chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Rachel, love the style of this card with the tag and well done on your win :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful card, its a super background to go with the fantastic main images.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fab tag based card. I love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card Rachal. Love the colours and all the elements work so well together.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A super card Rachel. Love the colours and all the elements work so well together.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the yellow themed card and the highlights in red Rachel. Also adoring the background you have created. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals June Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card Rachel love the embossing and great chicken images (miss ours)fantastic background was going to say love the backing paper then reread your post and you stamped it yourself -brilliant
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this stamp! very beautiful card with lovely tag!
    Bizz,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely, the tag itself looks great with the netting type embossed background, and the chickens are adorable. The meadow stamps in the background work beautifully, and you have used such pretty summery colours too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx