My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 29 October 2017

CCC: sentiment focus

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are well! As this comes live I will be with my eldest daughter Lucy at a 'bootsale'. She has been set a personal challenge at school and decided she wanted to try to raise £100 for the unit that helped her daddy when he was in hospital. I suspect we will fall far short of the target but I have been so impressed in seeing her sorting out her toys and books and clothes to try and sell. Bless her cotton socks! Her daddy would have been so very proud!

I am sharing a set of cards with you today that I made for the latest Christmas card club challenge - the theme - Make sentiment the focus. My cards are pretty plain - distress oxide or stencilled backgrounds and TH sentiments.






I have done the sentiment in each case in flake! I am loving the TH plaid stencil - so pretty!

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Big huggles!

Rachel x

19 comments:

  1. Great cards Rachel, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of cards Rachel. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea Lucy has come up with, I so hope she does well, her Dad would indeed have been proud of her. Great selection of cards today Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great set of cards Rachel.Well done to Lucy for coming up with such a great idea, I hope she does well.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cards Rachel. Love your sentiment too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous set of cards... perfect for the Challenge...
    good luck to Lucy... hope she makes the money...
    hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous selection of cards, brilliant backgrounds and colours.
    Isn't Lucy such a wee star, I hope she does well with her sales, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Christmas cards Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful selection of cards Rachel and good luck to Lucy -hope she does well and a great idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set of cards Rachel, the plaid looks really good. Hope Lucy did well today. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple but striking cards Rachel. Love the tartan background in particular. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cards Rachel, lovely sentiments.
    I hope the boot sale went well.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful selection of Christmas cards and love the sentiments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow that is such a lovely idea that Lucy has come up with. I hope she did really well at the car boot sale. Your set of cards are fab. Love those colours. Hugs to you and girls and a special big one for Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Rachel, well done to Lucy...I hope she raises lots..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm late on parade this time sorry. A lovely set of cards, the distress oxides are so nice to work with aren't they. I hope Lucy's bootsale went well, you must be so proud of her.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards Rachel.....loving your backgrounds and your focal sentiments...just back home so I have wifi again xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards, Rachel. You and I both feathered the chalkboard look for our take on the theme. You certainly got more "chalkboards" finished than I did though!

    They are all so lovely...each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card design to show off those fabulous stamps - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx