My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 5 October 2017

Autumn at Stamps and Stencils

Hello my lovelies! How are you? Its time for a new challenge over at stamps and stencils and the beautiful theme chosen by Toni is Autumn and tags...here's what she's got to say ...

 The Season of  Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness' I'd love to see your projects that are inspired by this beautiful season. You may love the rich, warm colours or the shapes of fallen leaves and natural forms. Let us celebrate the wonders to be found around us. The only catch, is that I'd like you to use a tag or several tags, as your substrate. Your tag can be any size or shape and made of any material but it must be a tag. It must also feature some stamping, stenciling or preferably both. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Here's what I did using this wonderful prompt...



This is a pretty large tag. Its one of the 'medium' sized Tim holtz board etcetera tags. I started by giving it a coat of tangerine twist paint from paperartsy....


Next I used a TH layering stencil and TH opaque matt texture paste.


Next I used distress stain sprays to colour the tag and paste.


I used mustard seed, carved pumpkin, brushed corduroy and bronze.


Then I stamped and coloured images from scrapcosy and fussycut them and added them to the tag, I also added the bird image from TH papers. The stamped verse comes from Alison Bomber.


Here's a few close ups ...



I do hope you are inspired enough to join us in this challenge! You can see my teamies makes and link up here.

Big hugs

Rachel xx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Rachel, lovely Autumn colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background textures Rachel loving the warm autumn colours and the fabulous stamps...great snail!....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous tag Rachel, the colours are lovely and autumnal, great texture too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous tag Rachel, love the Autumn theme and your colours, beautifully designed with super texture too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Autumn tag Rachel and love the stencilled leaves
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rachel, I do love autumn and the colours you have chosen are gorgeous, loving the embellishments too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a wonderful challenge theme for this time of year and your autumn colours on your tag are quite simply gorgeous Rachel! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel! Wow! I never tire of seeing folks use that leafy background stencil. Surprisingly, that's one I don't have. So it makes it all the more fun to see. I love the imagery you incorporated, how beautiful! A truly gorgeous creation. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tag Rachel, such a beautiful background and lovely Autumn colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Rachel, and you've used one of my favourite quotes. Those tags are pretty huge aren't they! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy colours, love the stencil background you created and you've used toadstools...a fave of mine...like you I am loving Alisons word plates!! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely - the textured leaves make a great background for the sweet bird, and I adore your colouring of the Scrapcosy fungi! Lovely words too, of course!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag Rachel, love the textured leaves as the backdrop for the cute bird ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag Rachel...my very favourite colours..xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning tag Rachel. The colours are luscious. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx