My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 1 October 2017

Autumn hues and mixed media at Countryview challenges

Hello there! Well how are you today? Is it a misty moisty morning where you are? If so thats going to be giving you an Autumn feel which is what the new challenge at Countryview Challenges is all about. Its my choice this month and I would like to see Autumnal Hues and Mixed media. The piece can be anything as long as the colours are right and its mixed media!! Check out what my amazing teamies have done here ... my piece is a bit more appropriate for the end of the month but here we have it!


I have made a display piece for Halloween and used stamps and stencils from Tim Holtz. They are ...


I used an MDF piece and added paste through the stencil. Once dry I painted with pheasant brown paint but later topped with translucent paperartsy paints - tangerine twist and bouganvillia. I used this later two to brayer onto a piece of card and stamped and fussy cut the pumpkins.


Here's a closer view. The ravens were also stamped in archival black ink and fussy cut. 

I do hope you can join our challenge at Countryview Crafts.

Big hugs

Rachelxx

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Rachel! I love the warm and vibrant colours and the pumpkins are so cute... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Rachel...I was playing with the pumpkin stamps myself yesterday and endeavouring to get a bit messy....they are great fun ....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Rachel, just my sort of colours, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Rachel, a perfect display for Halloween. Your colours are gorgeous. Thanks for a great theme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Rachel, I love that pop of pink. Thanks for a great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great topic Rachel. And your project is fabulous - very Autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great autumn/Halloween decoration with my favourite pumpkins!!! Fabulous colours!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous autumnal project Rachel, love the textures and gorgeous design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, fabulous work with the new TH autumn stamps, and I love the depth of colour in the textured background - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Rachel, a fantastic decoration for Halloween month.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rachel, I love this project, fabulous colours and the ravens are fantastic - definitely my kind of Halloween/Autumnal art! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge Rachel and your project is fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Rachel, love the TH spooky range and your colours are fab, brilliant piece of mixed media, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project Rachel love the pile of pumpkins
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A super project Rachel, fabulous ravens and pumpkins - lovely rich colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel, this is the coolest Halloween project I've seen this season! I love that fabulous textured background! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fussy cutting and a fabulous layout. Such an eye catching project, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your display piece is amazing! I love the texture and 3D elements you have created and those bright colours are beautiful 😁. Happy October! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colours and very pretty creation

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that panel, Rachel! Love the bit unusual colors you have chosen!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great background Rachel, and love the pumpkin heads. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fun pile of pumpkins! Great autumnal hues on this wonderful fall decoration piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx