My shining star

My shining star

Friday 13 October 2017

A great school trip and more pottery painting!

Hello there! How are you today? I am good - glad to be indoors with all this rain....the cat is out and about just now though - crazy girl. Probably mousing somewhere. But she is on lock out so can't bring them in! At least that is sorted now!

My school trip today was good - it was a science based event at the Lancaster Maritime museum and the kids had to work in teams to devise tsunami proof buildings and wind turbines and they also talked about earth structure, fossil fuels and other ideas. It was great to see them put ideas into practical use.

After that I went and picked up my latest piece of pottery painting.... my gecko teapot stand...

No automatic alt text available.

I am rather pleased with this little fella - I may have to do a teapot to match!!!!

I don't think I have blogged the last two makes either ... two coasters...

No automatic alt text available.  No automatic alt text available.

Thats all for today!! Look out for some crazy camels heading your way on Suday!!!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

12 comments:

  1. Our Puddlenut after about two years doing nothing actually killed a poor little Robin of all things two days ago then yesterday he brought the tiniest skiniest mouse you have ever seen-but left it outside the back door thankfully-they are presents for their loved ones lol--love the coasters and the Gecko is brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Rachel...especially the gecko....great vibrant colours.....have you been hobbyarting...camels.....great fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pottery now eh Rachel, so diverse in your craft and the Gecko is such fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pottery items Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the day out was a success. I love your pottery painting, it look good fun. Happy a great weekend.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be late Rachel. My feet haven't touched the ground since the holiday. Fascinated to see your new work. It's beautiful. I did China painting for a number of years. Sounds like a fun day at the museum.

    Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous Rachel! Lovely to hear you had a great time yesterday.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gecko stand is beautiful, you did a wonderful job on that and on the coasters. The school trip sounds fantastic too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super tea pot stand Rachel, lovely coasters as well - I especially like the floral one.
    It sounds like a great trip.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sound like a great day for the children and you Rachel.
    Love your teapot stand, lovely work and the geko is ace, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh these are beautiful..xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - look what you've been up to! I love that gecko and the coasters are fab too. Glad to finally catch up a little.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx