My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 3 October 2017

More Autumnal Hues!

Hello there! Its my posting day over at Countryview Challenges today and I have created another piece in autumnal hues - its a box picture including stamps from scrapcosy at paperartsy. The lovely fella featured in the photo is my gorgeous and dear departed husband Shaun. It was taken in Australia back in 2003 when life was very different from now! Glorious memories! I have used the main title 'forever autumn' in reference to the song.... and the thoughts and theories comes in largely because Shaun was a very clever man - a professor of physics who had a lot of thoughts and theories!


To make my piece I took the following steps - I started with a natural wood frame and painted it using pheasant bronze paint from indigo blu.



Next I stamped the scrapcosy stamps and coloured in distress inks...


The next step was to creat the main background which I did using a tim mini stencil and distress inks.


Finally I assembled the piece - keeping adding layers and height since the frame allowed this.


I love that little snail - too cute!


I cut the letters using a sizzix tim holtz alphabet die and cut the letters from claritystamp papers.

I do hope you can join us in our challenge over at Countryview challenges which you will find here!

Hugs

Rachel xx



15 comments:

  1. How beautiful dear Rachel. What poignant special memeories of your darling man xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful and touching memory of a very special man Rachel. The autumnal colours are gorgeous and I love the layout... Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Rachel and a lasting memory of your beloved Shaun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have some amazing memories....keep them safe x Gorgeous project, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing work Rachel, gorgeous colours and design, fabulous photo of your beloved Sean, beautiful way to hold a memory, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous and loving the autumnal colours! A wonderful photo of Shaun which no doubt brings back wonderful bittersweet memories.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane got the right word, poignant... but it's a lovely keepsake too, full of sunshine and a very cute snail! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous project Rachel, such a wonderful keepsake.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant project and wonderful memories
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Rachel, a lovely way to show off this photo of Shaun.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Rachel!!! Beautiful autumn colours!!! This stamp set is just perfect for this theme!!! Lovely keepsake!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Rachel, this is fabulous.. I love it...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful project Rachel. It's a lovely photo of your Dear Husband when everything was good. Happy Memories. Big Hugs. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning page, dear Rachel! It´s a wonderful keepsake <3
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx