My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 2 July 2017

Chocolate baroque - spring

Hello there! How are you? I do hope you are fine and well. We are good and had a great day in our village yesterday - a ploughmans lunch at the Institute followed by a Garden Party at St Mary's. It really was fabulous - Penny spent the entire garden party playing on one of those wire buzzer games - I managed to win the highest number of peas moved by a straw from one bowl to another. And guess what I got for my efforts? An out of date bottle of alcohol free wine! You have to laugh!!!!

My leg is continuing to improve but sadly I am still not running yet. I am off for a sports massage on Monday to see if that will help any! Fingers crossed. To be perfectly honest I am enjoying relaxing a little. My mum says it long overdue but busy has really been my way of coping with the loss of Shaun. I guess we're all different!

So today I have some of the samples I made for the last Chocolate baroque shows - these are some of the samples I made using the spring stamp....


I used a former tv stamp (primrose) to make the border having masked the main stamp off first....


In this one I used the butterfly stencil in the background. 


This one was a mixed media canvas - I really enjoyed making this one. The word Spring was from one of the stencils on the show too! I would like to enter these into this months challenge at stamping sensations where the theme is anything-with-flowers.

I hope you have a great day!

Big hugs

Rachel x



17 comments:

  1. Your samples are all beautiful Rachel! So pleased to hear that you are resting your leg and having some massage - hopefully they can pinpoint the problem and advise you going forward.... Well done on the peas but bad luck on the wine!!! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and canvas, adore the canvas really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful samples Rachel, these stamps were a joy to work with.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Rachel and your canvas is especially beautiful! This lovely lady and your chosen colours remind me of Mucha's ladies and paintings! Enjoy the massage! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous collection here Rachel, but the bottom has to be my favourite.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thee are three beautiful makes Rachel using that lovely stamp. I texture on the canvas looks great. I think my favourite is the second with the butterflies. I love the colours and she looks so beautiful with blonde hair.

    It sounds as if you all had a fun day in your village yesterday. We have our scarecrow festival in the village this weekend and it's also been fun in the sun for us here too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Rachel, love them all but my favourite is the last one, just adore these colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Rachel. I love this stamp and have used it many times. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rachel I did laugh at your prize, what a shame.
    Good the leg is improving, hope the massage will help you.
    Your cards are gorgeous, beautifully designed and coloured, amazing the different looks from the same stamp,take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel.....so sorry your leg is not healing so well....I am sure your sports massage will be of benefit xx you made me smile re the wine!!!! Just might have helped your leg xx your CB samples are beautiful and I just love the canvas details x sending best wishes to you and the girls
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful samples Rachel, such a beautiful stamp.
    We all have our own way of coping with things - you know what is best for you.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Rachel, the colours are beautiful. Hope your leg improves soon. Sorry for not being around lately. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous samples Rachel but really loved the beautiful canvas and gorgeous flowers-hope your leg gets sorted soon and I guessed been so busy was helping you cope but glad to see you are enjoying a little relaxation now too-Mums know best!!!-out of date wine for all that trouble-you have to laugh!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popped back as so pleased to see you linked up to Stamping Sensations Rachel, they are all beauties, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness! These are FABULOUS! I was just going to say 'my favorite is...', but I cannot choose--they are all STUNNING! Take care of YOURSELF! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fab projects. Love the canvas. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three Gorgeous floral creations, Rachel! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx