My shining star

My shining star

Friday 7 July 2017

Bee your own kind of beeautiful ...

Hello there! Well I am showing a piece over at Countryview challenges today - I wanted to log the details here of how I made my card.


I started with the newly arrived stamp set from kay-carley and using archival ink stamped onto watercolour card.


Next I played with brushos adding colour and spritzing with water....


I then used distress pens to sharpen up the image a little ....


Then I cut down the piece to size for my card - the remainder will be used at a later date!


I then stamped, coloured and cut out the bees from the stamp set and added them to the card - I also added more swirly foliage and the sentiment too...


Such a great stamp set - you will be seeing lots of this one I know!!!!

I would like to enter this into stamping sensations challenge-anything-with-flowers

Hope you can join us at Countryview challenges where the theme is 'Things with Wings!'. 

Big hugs

Rachel x

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece of garden Rachel! I love the bees and sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rachel, you certainly made a great job of colouring the image with the Brushos! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Rachel, I love how you used the brushos and those bees are fantastic.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, gorgeous image and colours. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, gorgeous image and colours. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you used these fantastic stamps Rachel! Beautiful and bright and so inspirational! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Rachel, I do love the stamps and wonderful background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel, I love your design and colours, the stamp is wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colorful summer garden scene! HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Rachel, a beautiful stamp and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous stamps and the Brushos background-of course not to mention the little Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Brushos look brilliant! I love these stamps too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Rachel, it reminds me of an Alpine meadow. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fabulous Rachel. The brush o technique looks amazing. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These stamps are really beautiful and you used them in a wonderful way!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have created such a bee-utiful summer scene here Rachel. Those bees are loving it! This are a gorgeous set of stamps and you have showcased them perfectly. I have lots of foxgloves in my garden..that set is going on my wish list.Enjoy this lovely weather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Digitalis Rachel and they look stunning against the Brusho background, many thanks for joining our Flowers theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I spotted this on the SS challenge AND LOVED IT! I too love lots of lovely "inkiness" so I'm now following you to see if you use any techniques that I can learn from! Keep up the wonderful work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, Rachel! I love Kay's flowers, and you've used them to such wonderful effect in this lovely design. Great to have the step-by-step too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx