My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 1 July 2017

Busy buzzing around!

Hello there! Its that time of the month again when we start a new challenge - must be the first then? Scary but true!! Our lovely Jane has chosen the theme of things with wings. Check out what my lovely teamies did  here. I decided I wanted to use my favourite bee die from Tim Holtz and this is what I did!


I started by adding gesso to a kraft card and allowing it to dry.


whilst drying I die cut two paper bees and two acetate bees and embossed them. Then I coloured then and cut the wings from the plastic bee and added them to the paper bees ....I cut the paper bees wings off! Sounds a bit savage doesn't it?


Next I went back to the background and added distress inks through different stencils....


Finally I added the bees and the sentiment!

I h0pe you like my card and can find time to join us in this theme - you might win £20 to spend in Countryview Crafts!

Big hugs

Rachel x

22 comments:

  1. Love this Rachel, very clever background to house your bees. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savage, yes, but totally worth it for that realistic look! Your background is lovely too, Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super creation Rachel and you got to get messy as well, always the fun part.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this came together Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation, you do love to get messy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Jane, the background is fabulous! Have a lovely weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background for your fabulous bees!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love this Rachel. A great background to put those bees onto.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project - I always wanted the bee die - this isn't helping...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rachel that's fabulous..loving your background and that fabulous bee.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous Rachel, wonderful texture and bees, I love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Rachel !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Rachel, love the background and those bees are brilliant.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Rachel, another of your gorgeous backgrounds.
    I hope you are enjoying the weekend.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Rachel-great use of the Bee die
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card Rachel! Love what you've done with your bee and really enjoyed reading your post. I have this die and used it for only the second time this week! Bees have a special place in my heart! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great bee Rachel..i love those acetate wings and the honeycomb background. Happy July xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bee card, Rachel! The background looks fabulous.
    Have a wonderful week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous project Rachel great background and brilliant Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this one too, gorgeous colours and texture Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so so cool Rachel! I love how you did the wings and the gorgeous grungy palette. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx