My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 20 July 2017

Shine Bright!

Hello there! How are you? I am good and enjoying the summer hols so far. We've had a lovely bikeride and been to Fellfoot Park. Plenty of sunshine and seen friends too! Definitely a positive start to the holidays. Lets hope it continues!

I have a card to share with you today made using a relatively recent Clarity stamp plus distress oxides.


The stamp is part of a set - Earth, Air, Fire and water. I managed to pick up this stamp last week on the Crafters Companion site when they had a very special offer running just for the day ... I got a bargain I think! 

To make the card I stamped the image then masked and created the background using distress oxides in picked raspberry, candied apple and wild honey....I coloured the image using spectrum noir pencils....


and the sentiment is from a set by Tim Holtz

I do hope you like it!

I am meeting my mum today and we are off to Carnforth to visit the Christmas in July craft demo held by Rowan Tree Crafts. I suspect  we won't be there for too long sadly as I have one young lady and one little girl who are not impressed with my plans!!!!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

10 comments:

  1. Love it Rachel...so vibrant you really are a dab hand with the oxides.Hope you have a lovely day with Mum...I am sure the girls will find something for them over at Rowan Tree.....no I bet you do too xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Rachel, gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colours of this gorgeous card Rachel. Glad you're having a great time so far with the holidays.I'm sure once you get to Rowen Tree Crafts the girls will find something to do that they enjoy.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Rachel, a stunning image and gorgeous colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Rachel. Don't you just love the Oxides?
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rachel and love the colours-enjoy the craft demo
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the gorgeous warm colours you used Rachel, I am still alas, waiting for the newest Oxides, you have just made me want them all the more!! Hope you got to enjoy the demos.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that stamp Rachel and the background is gorgeous. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How so enjoy elementals and this design is smokin! Playin with fire suits you very well. Wonderful and vivid colors! Awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer - fierily fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx